GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing about my new Acadia has caught my attention. The speedometer increments goes from 40 to 60 mph with no marks for the old standard 50 or 55 mph. All my old cars always had this marked out. I noticed it for the first time when I noticed a NYPD Highway patrol car on the entrance ramp to a local highway that has a posted limit of 50 mph. Just wondered if anyone else noticed this? By the way ,no I didn't get pulled over. After a quick brake check I was actually just at the limit.

Bobby

·
Registered
264 Posts
I am pretty sure they all only have numbers at every 20 mph marks 20 ,40 etc.

·
Registered
635 Posts
DeForger said:
One thing about my new Acadia has caught my attention. The speedometer increments goes from 40 to 60 mph with no marks for the old standard 50 or 55 mph. All my old cars always had this marked out. I noticed it for the first time when I noticed a NYPD Highway patrol car on the entrance ramp to a local highway that has a posted limit of 50 mph. Just wondered if anyone else noticed this? By the way ,no I didn't get pulled over. After a quick brake check I was actually just at the limit.

Bobby
My 98 Saturn and 00 Galant didn't have them either. Since the speed limit is up to the state, there is no need to remind everyone about the 55.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I checked my speedometer today - there are numbers for 40 and 60 mph, big mark for 50 mph and smaller marks for 45 and 55 mph. The speedometer's radius is big enough and I can see exactly how many mph I am driving with.

·
Registered
533 Posts
My HUD always displays mpg in single digit increments - so no guess work for me. The analog gauge works fine as well. Since I don't know of any speed limits in other than whole numbers (5 mph increments), the regular ol' speedo works fine.

Smooth[/color] <><

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I have not looked at this level of detail but have never had any problem knowing exactly how fast I am going, so I think the way it is marked is adequate.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I found it's cool that the '09 models (not sure about earlier models) show the exact speed you set the cruise control on the DIC display. When you hit the set, increase or decrease buttons it will display the speed the CC is going to maintain. I love that.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Narg said:
I found it's cool that the '09 models (not sure about earlier models) show the exact speed you set the cruise control on the DIC display. When you hit the set, increase or decrease buttons it will display the speed the CC is going to maintain. I love that.
The 08s work this way too.

·
Registered
635 Posts
GAR said:
Narg said:
The 08s work this way too.
As do the 07's

·
Registered
423 Posts
Smooth said:
My HUD always displays mpg in single digit increments - so no guess work for me. The analog gauge works fine as well. Since I don't know of any speed limits in other than whole numbers (5 mph increments), the regular ol' speedo works fine.

Smooth[/color] <><
since i dont know any of the speed limits around it doesnt matter to me period. maybe i should pay more attention ;D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Schram said:
Smooth said:

Smooth[/color] <><
since i dont know any of the speed limits around it doesnt matter to me period. maybe i should pay more attention ;D
Schram, I have an accessory that really keeps me informed of the speed limit, my wife. I had her fooled for the first few weeks until she got used to the riding comfort of the Enclave misleading her as to the actual speed we were driving. But she has returned to her position of authority. :eek:hno:
BD

·
Registered
423 Posts
you made me laugh loudly with that. funny. i know that feeling. :help:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello all,
I have become accustom to the speedometer markings after driving the Acadia a few more times.. The speed limits around here are 50 mph. So that first time I looked down in a panic I was losted not seeing the 50 or 55. Made me rethink if I should have purchased the HUD option but I felt very uncomfortable with it when driving the demo. It is real easy to go over the speed limit because the vehicle is so smooth and quiet.

Bobby

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
HUD is also one of the options I wish I would have purchased. It's not horrible without it, but I had it in my Grand Prix and now I do miss it. I guess we live and learn.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts