GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For people that have the Acadia, do you notice the Speed-Compensated volume?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I haven't really fiddled with it yet. I'm usually such a busybody with all the controls on the radio, nav, etc etc (drives the wife crazy!! ;D ), I'm constantly adjusting the volume for each song anyways.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I have it turned on to High, but I really don't notice it doing anything. When I had a G6 as a courtesy car last week, the speed compensated volume was really noticeable. Do you think something's wrong with it in the Acadia?

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Theoretically, if you don't notice it, but don't have to adjust your radio volume, it's working perfectly ;) I also haven't really messed with it in the Acadia yet, but set on high in my G is actually TOO much volume adjustment. I have to set it to medium, which is just about right.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have it on my Trailblazer. It's neat. And it you have it set right you don't even notice it.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
What I mean by not noticing it is that I don't notice it working because often the sound is too soft and I end up having to turn it up manually. Shouldn't it automatically get a little louder?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Every 10 mph you go up or down it will raise or lower the volume of the radio. If you have it set to the high setting it is definitley noticeable. I like it.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Boltbacker said:
Every 10 mph you go up or down it will raise or lower the volume of the radio. If you have it set to the high setting it is definitley noticeable. I like it.
Mine must not be working then because it's on high and I haven't noticed it raise the volume at all on the radio. :-\

·
Registered
133 Posts
I find it highly annoying and have it switched to off on both of our other vehicles. Besides, I usually have the stereo cranked anyway.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Web Raven said:
Boltbacker said:
Mine must not be working then because it's on high and I haven't noticed it raise the volume at all on the radio. :-\
Ditto

·
Registered
492 Posts
I have mine on high and have to say I really don't notice it working unless I pay attention. Then I do notice it lowers when I slow down for a stop.
Ideally you should not have to lower the Vol at a stop or raise it after reaching highway speed.

My Expedition had a wide range of settings that made it hard to get it just right.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have this now on my Bonneville. There's a button you have to push to activate it. You first have to set what you want your "normal" volume level to be...then the volume will adjust itself according to your speed and the amount of noise that can drown out the radio. I love it....I always used to have to turn the volume down when I got to a light, stop sign, etc... Now the volume adjusts itself. 8)

Louise

1 - 13 of 13 Posts