GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just concluded getting an ID on my.GMC.com based on recommendations that it might help me get service history on our 2012 Acadia SLT more easily. Well, once I got on the site and followed a link for Warranty Tracker I found that our Acadia appears to be eligible for this Special Coverage Adjustment. It may have nothing to do with the "service air bag" warning light we are getting repeatedly, but then again it may. Does anyone know anything about the referenced adjustment? The date of the adjustment is June 13, 2019.

·
Super Moderator
19,310 Posts
Found a brief discussion on the Traverse forum (all GM Lambda-platform vehicles within a certain range are covered by this). It's an SCA for the front seat belt pretensioner cable. Be aware that an SCA is a warranty extension - not a recall. If there's nothing found wrong with the seat belt pretensioner, nothing will be repaired or replaced.

·
Registered
8,444 Posts
I received this notice in the mail. Had a sheet of paper with images- of what to look for. It has to do with the buckle and the attachment cable that can have wear through on the plastic covering the cable. July 23, 2019 was my arrival date.

This is for the 1st gens. Says if it occurs within 12 yrs of in service date/180,000 miles. Special Coverage Adjustment N192219480 Drivers Front Seat Belt Lap Pretensioner has to do with rub damage on the tensioner cable if the buckle.

Quick search online-
#N192219480 - Special Coverage Adjustment - Drivers Front Seat Belt Lap Pretensioner - (Jun 13, 2019)

Subject Drivers Front Seat Belt Lap Pretensioner Models: 2009 — 2014 Buick Enclave, 2009 — 2014 Chevrolet Traverse, 2009 — 2014 GMC Acadia, 2009 — 2010 Saturn Outlook
Release Date: June 2019
Revision: 00

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
I received this notice in the mail. Had a sheet of paper with images- of what to look for. It has to do with the buckle and the attachment cable that can have wear through on the plastic covering the cable. July 23, 2019 was my arrival date.

This is for the 1st gens. Says if it occurs within 12 yrs of in service date/180,000 miles. Special Coverage Adjustment N192219480 Drivers Front Seat Belt Lap Pretensioner has to do with rub damage on the tensioner cable if the buckle.

Quick search online-
#N192219480 - Special Coverage Adjustment - Drivers Front Seat Belt Lap Pretensioner - (Jun 13, 2019)

Subject Drivers Front Seat Belt Lap Pretensioner Models: 2009 — 2014 Buick Enclave, 2009 — 2014 Chevrolet Traverse, 2009 — 2014 GMC Acadia, 2009 — 2010 Saturn Outlook
Release Date: June 2019
Revision: 00
Thanks, rbarrios and Speleos. Looks like this SCA is not related to our problem. GMC tech who worked on our '12 Acadia yesterday found three codes ( U0170, B0081, B0022) and reset them but they relate to the front passenger presence detection module but the system tests within spec. He did not really repair anything but simply wrote that the module will need to be replaced if failure codes continue to show. Parts and labor is $976 and regrettably my extended warranty does not cover this part or labor. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a problem with my air bag sensor coming on all the time too. This was in 2013. There was a recall on this issue. What the dealer did was remove the front driver seat and there is a connector under there that kept shorting, (I think). They removed the connector and hard wired (soldered) the wires. Hope this helps with the airbag issue. Every since they done this, I have had no issues. The service should be free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts