GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue or if it's just me. When we've had snow overnight, and I go out in the morning to start the Acadia and clear the snow off it, I always end up with snow on my drivers seat. It's kind of annoying. I open the door to start it and grab my snow brush. As soon as I open that door *POOF* a woosh of snow wisps off the Acadia right into my drivers seat. :mad:

I suppose the only way to avoid this is to keep a snow brush in the house and bring it outside with me. Then I could clean the snow off the drivers side before opening the door. That'd be too easy though, right? haha

Just felt like complaining about the stupid snow getting into my Acadia. Thanks for reading. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Never though of keeping it in the trunk... May be usefull also when you leave the office .

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chaxmi said:
Never though of keeping it in the trunk... May be usefull also when you leave the office .
Yeah I guess that's another option. At the office, we have a covered parking garage, so snow doesn't pose an issue there. It's at home where I park in my driveway that I encounter this snow problem.

Keeping it in the trunk is actually a good solution. Open the liftgate first - who cares if any snow floats into that area - and then clean off the drivers side before I open the door to start it.

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
I've always kept it in the trunk. Good news is (we hope) that we're not gonna have snow anymore. Or at least not the same snow we had last December. I'm wondering if a wind deflector would help ???.

·
Registered
281 Posts
No go on the window deflector. I have some on our Acadia and the last snow that we had here in Columbus, OH (5.5 in.) I mistakenly opened the door without cleaning it off and voila! A bunch of snow fell onto the driver's seat and on the floor. The window deflector didn't help as the snow that came into the Acadia was from the roof. What a mess to clean up with winds blowing hard! I now keep a brush in my classroom so I can clean the Acaida and our Sienna off when my wife and I leave school. :thumb:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I keep the brush in the back seat. But I always brush off the edges of the door seam before opening it.
too many times have i dropped a ton of snow in my seat.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Trunk for me. In the "hidden compartment" that opens under the floor. Fits great.

I have the power liftgate so I just hit the button and wait, sliding under while it opens so I get less snow on me. I grab the brush and hit the button to close the liftgate and walk around front before it's even closed.

I work front to back. If necessary, I'll start the car with remote start, or via the key after doing the driver's door. Once I finish at the back, it's back in the hidden compartment, or just on the floor of the trunk if too messy or I'm too lazy, tired, cold, etc.. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been dropping hints that remote start would make a wonderful present for me and my Acadia. ;D I'll probably end up having to buy it myself though. *sigh*

·
Registered
533 Posts
Web,

How about leaving a spare beach towel (do they have those in the Midwest?... or bathtowel) over your seat when you're done for the day. In the a.m., open the door, a whiff of snow hits the towel. Pull it out shake,.. done. Towel stays dry, seat is dry. That's the best I can come up with being a So. Cal. kind of guy. By the way, I'm totally feeling guilty about our weather. For the past 9 days we've had mid-70's to low 80's. I wore shorts & no shirt today as I did some painting on the back door jams. Doors & windows open all day.

Smooth[/color] <><

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Smooth said:
Web,

How about leaving a spare beach towel (do they have those in the Midwest?... or bathtowel) over your seat when you're done for the day. In the a.m., open the door, a whiff of snow hits the towel. Pull it out shake,.. done. Towel stays dry, seat is dry. That's the best I can come up with being a So. Cal. kind of guy. By the way, I'm totally feeling guilty about our weather. For the past 9 days we've had mid-70's to low 80's. I wore shorts & no shirt today as I did some painting on the back door jams. Doors & windows open all day.

Smooth[/color] <><
You're lucky to live so far away or I'd throw a snowball at you. What's your address? I'll send you a springloaded box of snow. LOL I long for spring/summer when I can have all my doors and windows open once again. *sigh*

I think I have a few choices here:

a. Leave the snow brush in the trunk and remember to get it out first before opening the drivers door to start it.

b. Leave the snow brush in the back seat and remember to get it out of there first before opening the drivers door to start it.

c. Remember to leave a towel in the car and remember to put it over my drivers seat when I get out for the day.

All of those require me to have a good memory. HAH I forgot option d...

d. Send my son out to clean all the snow off the Acadia and start it for me in the morning (which is what I do more often than not).

;)

·
Registered
533 Posts
You're lucky to live so far away or I'd throw a snowball at you. What's your address? I'll send you a springloaded box of snow. LOL I long for spring/summer when I can have all my doors and windows open once again. *sigh*

;)
[/quote]

Web - You're too funny! I laughed before I even got to the end of your sentence :D Now I'll be watching my mail more carefully for suspicous "cold" packages. I'm hardly ever in really cold weather, but I do remember one Jan. 1st in 1977 when I was in Champaigne / Urbana Ill. and it was 17. But that's a warm day compared with what all you "right half of the country" folks are facing!

Smooth [/color] <><

BTW, deliveries will be accepted at 107 Island View Drive[/color] ;)

From our Chamber of Commerce site:

Santa Barbara “ Things To Do”
Visiting Santa Barbara, Basking in a lush, year-round Mediterranean climate, Santa Barbara is the perfect place to experience both true outdoor adventures and a rich cultural life. From the Channel Islands National Park to the Los Padres National Forest, Santa Barbara offers entertainment and recreation for every age and every interest. Hiking, scuba diving, mountain biking, fishing, horse back riding, skate boarding, sailing….you name it, we do it in Santa Barbara. Art galleries, museums, zoos, nightclubs, symphonic orchestras, adult education classes and more than 400 restaurants provide an exceptional cultural experience in our City.

It would make a good cheap "Hawaii" when you need a break from the cold[/color] 8)

·
Super Moderator
22,585 Posts
WebRaven, do you have gloves on when you go to clean snow off the Acadia? You could just use your hand to wipe the snow off the top of the driver's door before you open it!! ;)

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Smooth[/color],
We visit SB every Friday when we watch Psych on USA. Very funny show.

Queen,
D would be the option for me. Aside from the tax deduction, they make handy remote and snack fetchers, and in my case brake/clutch bleeding buddies. ;D
J/K!

Option F, move back to FL- no snow issues here, although it is going into the 20's again tonight!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Smooth[/color],

Queen,
D would be the option for me. Aside from the tax deduction, they make handy remote and snack fetchers, and in my case brake/clutch bleeding buddies. ;D
J/K!

Option F, move back to FL- no snow issues here, although it is going into the 20's again tonight!
Last time I lived in Florida, the heat baked the rearview mirror right off my windshield. I got in the car, saw it missing, and noticed it lying on the passenger floorboard. Nice. LOL I'll take cold over heat any day. You can only take off so much and still be hot. At least in the cold I can layer. :p

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Web Raven said:
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Smooth[/color],

Queen,
J/K!

Last time I lived in Florida, the heat baked the rearview mirror right off my windshield. I got in the car, saw it missing, and noticed it lying on the passenger floorboard. Nice. LOL I'll take cold over heat any day. You can only take off so much and still be hot[/color]. At least in the cold I can layer. :p

::)

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
THAT is NOT the way I meant that to read. You know what I meant. Smart a$$. *rolls eyes dramatically*

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
OK; truce; I know what you meant; sorry for the play on words :-[

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
jsimms said:
OK; truce; I know what you meant; sorry for the play on words :-[
Aww... don't make a sad face. I wasn't like really MAD about it. LOL I thought it was funny that you read what I wrote differently than I had read it when I wrote it. Wow, say that fast five times. I did see the humor in it, I just wanted to point out that it wasn't intentional. :)

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
OK; cool; now I don't have to worry about your "Raven talons" picking apart my flesh!

·
Registered
423 Posts
have i mentioned i hate the cold. if it wasnt for the possibility of snow and sledding with my kids, i would hate the winter altogether.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts