GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have GMC Acadia 2013 slt but I have access to GMC Acadia 2012 Denali they have bose speakers would it be beneficial to switch speakers ? Thanks

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hi guys I have GMC Acadia 2013 slt but I have access to GMC Acadia 2012 Denali they have bose speakers would it be beneficial to switch speakers ? Thanks
You should already have the Bose system at the SLT trim level. Are you sure it's not installed?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
No I don’t see bose badge on the speaker on my Acadia like Denali
The Bose speakers are matched to the Bose system amplifier that is used. Which means the speaker impedance (ohms) is likely different than that in the standard Acadia sound system.
So both the base amplifier power and using "Bose" speakers would likely not improve the sound in a beneficial way. In other GM vehicles some have been able to install the Bose amp and then match speakers to it with some improvement. Not sure in your model year if that is possible or would provide much improvement.
Maybe someone who has done this or tried will chime in on it.
What some have done in other GM vehicles and Acadia is install a complete aftermarket muti channel amplifier and speakers still using the factory head unit and amp with good results.
Places like Crutchfield may be of help and/or searches here or on the net.

Reactions: 442dude

·
Super Moderator
21,966 Posts
It's unwise to put Bose speakers in a non-Bose system. The standard radio doesn't have enough power to drive them efficiently. Sound quality may not be what one expects.

Reactions: Johnny001

·
Registered
278 Posts
That's odd. Did you purchase this used? I seem to recall the Bose system being standard on the SLT when I purchased my 2014.

·
Super Moderator
21,966 Posts
You can easily find out if the vehicle was originally equipped with Bose (premium) sound by looking for the RPO code on the SPID label.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2013 Acadia SLT 1 that I bought new, it came with the premium system, Bose. What radio/CD system does this one have? That will make a difference. The Acadia SLT 1 standard equipment is with the premium radio, Bose amplifier and speakers unless someone ordered it without the premium radio system or switched it out. I've not driven an Acadia without the Bose system so can't make a recommendation. However, my system sound is AWESOME!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts