GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen several references to this- is the spare tire standard or an option?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
It depends on the year and the model. I think the 2007s all had spare tires and sometime during 2008 it became an option for the SLEs. At least that is what I think.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just bought an '09 SLE last weekend and it was an option (that I took). The dealer said they are moving to fix-a-flats as standard and cutting the spare for costs and weight... which is :bs:

BTW... it's $75.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
big10purdue said:
I just bought an '09 SLE last weekend and it was an option (that I took). The dealer said they are moving to fix-a-flats as standard and cutting the spare for costs and weight... which is :bs:

BTW... it's $75.
Are they talking about run flats or supplying a can of fix a flat? That fix a flat stuff can cause havoc with the TPMS sensors

·
Registered
134 Posts
wait... WHAT???!!!??? I thought they all came with spare tires.. Now ya'll got me wondering if my wifes acadia has a spare tire.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
SLT's come with a spare; it's the SLE that has the option :thumb:

·
Registered
134 Posts
jsimms said:
SLT's come with a spare; it's the SLE that has the option :thumb:
GOOD! It better! I'm not paying all that money for a XUV w/o a spare tire. I'm going to go home and check anyway.. but thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree. It sucks that you have to worry about things like a spare tire when purchasing a vehicle of this price. Not that it's overly expensive, but it's just one of the pet peeves I have with the Acadia... along with power seats being an option. That's like buying a tv and the remote is an option.

BTW... my window sticker says:

Spare tire and wheel 75.00
(REPLACES TIRE SEALANT AND INFLATOR KIT)

AND THANK GOD THE FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET IS INCLUDED! PHEW!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
This is the way the industry is headed, unfortunately. As I recall for the Acadia, if you add the trailer package on the SLE you have to add the spare. They played a shell game with prices by raising one but giving less equipment so the price stayed the same.

Don't feel too bad, the $45K Challenger SRT has no spare tire option period. To add one, you have to either get raped on ebay for almost $500 or buy a used wheel and a spacer with the correct lug pattern, still a $200+ proposition. Of the 5 Challenger models/trim levels, only two have the spare as a $100 option, and the "fix a flat" setup is one time only and big bucks to replace.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I have a 08 SLT-2 it has a spare like the tire on my stingray bike when I was a kid. (for those of you that remember that!)

·
Registered
540 Posts
jkennedy78 said:
Seen several references to this- is the spare tire standard or an option?
The spare tire is optional for the SLE. They give you a can of fix a flat and an air compressor. As far as I read they delete the tire,tire cover,winch that hold the tire,jack and lug wrench. This is crazy. I have the spare tire and recommend everyone to get it. If you have a blow out and compressor isn't going to help you. Plus if you use the fix a flat you HAVE TO mess up the TPMS in the tire. GM's cuts are hurting them and I hope they see it. People aren't stupid. As you see all the posts this group picks up alot of these cuts and problems first hand.

Bobby

·
Registered
134 Posts
I checked a couple weeks ago. My 09 SLT-1 has a spare tire.. wheww.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have an '09 SLE and it has a pinner spare. I didn't know that this was even an option ??? Poor form IMO if it is...

·
Registered
428 Posts
what is a pinner spare?

·
Registered
23 Posts
My SLT2 has the spare tire, but after seeing the compressor in the manual, I want that, too! I've carried a compact 12-volt compressor in my cars for 15 years and they're EXTREMELY handy! You just never know when you're going to need one.

I traded in my '06 Pontiac Torrent for the Acadia, and the compressor I had in it is broken. :(

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Let's hope they don't go to "run flat" tires which are incredibly expensive to replace.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
mikemu said:
Let's hope they don't go to "run flat" tires which are incredibly expensive to replace.
I agree; if I wanted run flats I would have bought a BMW

·
Registered
428 Posts
mikemu said:
As far as I'm concerned the 18" tires on the Acadia are already expensive enough to replace. They are priced quite a bit higher than the 20" tires that are on my Silverado.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So does anybody have the story on the air compressors? Am I supposed to have it?

I had a similar situation with my Torrent. When I bought it, I didn't get the coin holder or the roof rack rail/crossbar things. When I called back to get them, the sales slug tried to tell me that the crossbars were extra and there was no coin holder available. So I took time off work, drove back down there, showed him the picture of it in the manual. I ended up having to go up the chain of command to get anywhere, but I finally got my crossbars, coin holder, and a car wash. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts