GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it true that a spare tire is optional on the SLE model? I can hardly believe it. I thought it was professional grade?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I don't think so; we all get the same "criminal spare" ;D

·
Registered
154 Posts
The spare tire is now a $75 option on the SLE. This is becoming increasingly common across the GM product line. Unless you get a Cadillac CTS. Then the spare is $250.

If you don't get the spare, you get a can of fix-a-flat.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I still can't believe that they are charging extra for a friggin' spare tire now. Seriously. What is this world coming to when we spend $30,000 on a vehicle and can't even get an extra tire with it? Oh well, what are ya gonna do.

·
Registered
614 Posts
The local tire show has a big sign explaining why the "spare tire in a can" is dangerous. Next time I visit I'll have to actually read it.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
mrvids said:
The local tire show has a big sign explaining why the "spare tire in a can" is dangerous. Next time I visit I'll have to actually read it.
These aren't the itty bitty spare tires though. Aren't they like 90% or something? I can see where those tiny donut tires look dangerous, especially when you see people flying on the tollway with them! But the Acadia's spare doesn't look that small. I've actually had to use it in the past.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Web Raven said:
mrvids said:
These aren't the itty bitty spare tires though. Aren't they like 90% or something? I can see where those tiny donut tires look dangerous, especially when you see people flying on the tollway with them! But the Acadia's spare doesn't look that small. I've actually had to use it in the past.
no he is talking abou the can of fix a flat, not the tire, he is saying those are dangerous.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
bonk1313 said:
Web Raven said:
mrvids said:
no he is talking abou the can of fix a flat, not the tire, he is saying those are dangerous.
Oh.

hehe :) Okay so I totally mis-read that. Anyway.... ;)

I was kinda wondering what he meant by "spare tire in a can" LMFAO *shakes head* :rattle rattle:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
mkaresh said:
The spare tire is now a $75 option on the SLE. This is becoming increasingly common across the GM product line. Unless you get a Cadillac CTS. Then the spare is $250.

Where is this tire mounted; certainly not underneath; I would steer away from can's of fix a flat with TPMS; is this option for SLT's as well

EDIT: Wait a minute; you're saying there is no spare anything for the SLE model; not even a criminal spare! Now that just seems dumb to me; why would there be spares on the SLT's but not the SLE

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
It is included with the trailering package on the SLE, but it is still $75

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
jsimms said:
mkaresh said:

Where is this tire mounted; certainly not underneath; I would steer away from can's of fix a flat with TPMS; is this option for SLT's as well

EDIT: Wait a minute; you're saying there is no spare anything for the SLE model; not even a criminal spare! Now that just seems dumb to me; why would there be spares on the SLT's but not the SLE
Guess they were trying to squeze all the frills out to make it cheapier. Not like it was a big difference.
This was a new thing for 09's I think, the 07 and 08 were standard... SLT's get a donut spare. Yes it is mounted underneath.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Learn something new everyday; kinda like copperhead and his heated washer system on an 09

1 - 12 of 12 Posts