GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just got Acadia SLE. It comes with standard 6 speaker system. I checked SLT Bose sound system with 10 speakers and subwoofer. The sound is :thumb: and want to install same system in my SUV. Anyone has idea what additional components will be required and if it is possible to install in standard model.

Cheers!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,875 Posts
hamid said:
Hi All,

Just got Acadia SLE. It comes with standard 6 speaker system. I checked SLT Bose sound system with 10 speakers and subwoofer. The sound is :thumb: and want to install same system in my SUV. Anyone has idea what additional components will be required and if it is possible to install in standard model.

Cheers!
I would imagine that you would be better off contacting a sound system installer, and go beyond the factory 10 speaker system. The subwoofer is mounted behind the dashboard, and you will need an amp. Better off upgrading to aftermarket. IMHO. :thumb:

Welcome the forum, and congrats on your purchase, be sure to update your profile and signature information.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
Thanks for advise but what could be better than Bose speakers. I am big fan of Bose sound system :blob:. Do you know other system which can deliver 5.1 surround sound with better sound quality than Bose in SLT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
I wish you luck, as my wife loves the sound too. We have it and it's nice. I am not sure if they still do this, but every speaker used to have an AMP built into it. If this is still true, you need a new Head Unit, all new speakers, plus the sub. I'm sure if you find a total loss vehicle at a yard you can get these, but it won't be cheap. For the price, check this out.... This may help. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500CDA9886/Alpine-CDA-9886.html?showAll=N&tp=5684&tab=features_and_specs It's Alpine, and they make good stuff. It has 6 preamp out channels. $300.00 Not too bad. If you do go BOSE, let us know how it works out. Good Luck. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
I have the six disc changer with the bose speakers in my SLE so it is possible to have Bose in the SLE, my best advice would be to try and find one in a junk yard with the Bose speakers and get them that way. Good Luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
I would recommend against getting the Bose system. I currently have it in my SLT2, but no matter what I do with the audio settings, it just sounds tinny. I can't get a meaty sound from the system. I'd recommend going with something else. You can get a great setup, without spending a whole lot. I haven't looked at prices in a while, so I can't really recommend anything, but you can't go wrong with Infinity.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
While the Bose is a really good system you can get better sound from the aftermarket. If you were to buy the Bose system new it would probably cost you $3,000 - 5,000 not to mention the install. If you spend 2000-3000 you can get a kick @$$ system installed. I would recommend Eclipse Headunits and everything else either Eclipse or JL Audio.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
if you just change the head unit to the nav you would be pleasantly suprised i imagine. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
I just wish the SLT-2 system had an actual equalizer. My '94 Pontiac Sunfire has one for goodness sakes. LOL @ "EQ: Manual"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
4LitreRR said:
I would recommend against getting the Bose system. I currently have it in my SLT2, but no matter what I do with the audio settings, it just sounds tinny. I can't get a meaty sound from the system. I'd recommend going with something else. You can get a great setup, without spending a whole lot. I haven't looked at prices in a while, so I can't really recommend anything, but you can't go wrong with Infinity.
I dont know what is going on with yours but mine sounds great. I spent quite a bit having all my speaker in my Silverado replaced with Alpine units and put a 4 channel 400 watt amp in because the stock system sucked, the bose sounds as good if not better than the aftermarket stuff I put in my truck.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,870 Posts
My Bose sounds great; I guess if you want more power/volume then maybe you could do better
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Maybe it's because I have Sennheiser headphones on at work all day... The Bose can't compete with my headphones. I guess it's not a fair comparison.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
4LitreRR said:
Maybe it's because I have Sennheiser headphones on at work all day... The Bose can't compete with my headphones. I guess it's not a fair comparison.
I hear ya brother!!! I use some Westone W3s at work and some Senns at home, so we probably view things a little differently. My take on the Bose system is that it is acceptable for what it is. It's highly integrated into the Acadia (as they always are), and they have come a long way over the past 10 years IMO. We had a Bose system in an '01 Pathfinder it was the absolutely the worst thing I've ever heard in my life. Bose systems in general are some of the most overpriced and bad to mediocre sounding systems for car or home or headphones for that matter. Try tracking down a frequency chart for any Bose speaker. I remember getting into a heated discussion with a Bose rep at Ultimate Electronics once about this.

However, I did do some critical 5.1 DTS and DVD-A listening on the Acadia's Bose system before buying. I was impressed just enough to decide that I could live with it, but I don't drive it everyday either. For just rolling down the highway on trips and playing DVDs for the kids in back, it gets the job done without being offensive.

There, I've been meaning to get this off my chest for a while. :beer:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top