GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a great experience since 2008, and nice that there are still some old timers. We are trading in/signing papers on a new 2019 Ford Edge SEL, 2.0L, tomorrow morning. It has been a nice trip on the Acadia Forum!

·
Super Moderator
18,629 Posts
Good luck with the Edge. Stop by any time. Your membership will be here. Be sure to say 'hi' for me next time you pass through Anniston.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you SP. We plan to go end of August or early September. I'll try and remember. Anniston first and Newnan, GA. next. Wife's bros in AL and my sister in GA. You have a pretty good memory.....lol Keep doing what you do on the forum, being helpful. If I remember, will give you a shout. lol

·
Registered
329 Posts
Wow .. . surprising. We looked at the 2019 Edge and it is nice, but given the current Acadia incentives and with Loyalty 2% cash, we can get over $10,000 off on an Acadia of $41,000 MSRP. Not that generous with the Edge and still have a v6 engine. Are there some Edge incentives i am not aware of?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wow .. . surprising. We looked at the 2019 Edge and it is nice, but given the current Acadia incentives and with Loyalty 2% cash, we can get over $10,000 off on an Acadia of $41,000 MSRP. Not that generous with the Edge and still have a v6 engine. Are there some Edge incentives i am not aware of?
Our Edge SEL MSRP was $38,800. There was $7500 in incentives. The SEL has a 2.0L Eco Boost[Turbo]with 250HP. I liked the wide stance and body style and just wanted something different, for a change. The one we wanted in Black, was at another dealership of theirs, 70 miles away. Wife has turned to being a Black vehicle fan. With Fords 4 cyl, you can turn off the Stop/Start. Maybe that is a feature with other mfgs, these days?

Ya, I was always a 6 cyl person and that was thrown out the window, when I drove a 4 cyl turbo vehicle. Maybe going through any mountains, there might be a strain on the engine, but I only do that once a year. For every day driving, the 4cyl is just fine and has more giddy up. lol IMO.

I was happy with the GMC trade-in negotiated price. I shot high, they shot low, and ended up in between. They gave me $17,000 for the 14' SLT-1 w 58,000 miles. Management inspected my vehicle 3 times w 3 different people during my 3-1/2 hours. lol I also spent $150.00 for some detailing the car before going into Ford. A couple times, I told the salesman, I was in no hurry, during the 3+ hours. I played video games on my phone, when they were confiding in one another. I got what I wanted and that is what counts.

Good luck with shopping for a new Acadia. For you, go where you can get the best deal and trade-in value for your existing....if the case. :)

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do miss the old folks on this forum and the activity that it had. The Ford Edge Forum, because I am a late comer, does not have much activity. I've posted some discussions that they had not had, but still, not much in response. Most of the subjects/issues have all ready been covered, and there are not many problems they are having these days.

@speleos We will be in Anniston, AL., on the Sept 9th and Newnan, GA ., September 13. We always look forward to this annual southern trip to see other family. February is FL. time, to visit our daughter at their winter home.

Keep up the nice work on this Forum and I really like the new look, too! I plan to revisit time to time to see if some of the old are still contributing. lol

·
Super Moderator
18,629 Posts
Good to see you, @teetertotter. Enjoy your vacation(s) to Dixie. Tell Anniston I said, "Hey!" lol I'll be interested in reading about the trip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts