GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't :angryfire: me, but I had to keep marital peace in the family...we went with the Denali last night.

Basically, the dealer just could not find an SLT-2 in Red Jewel in the region and our ordered one was not even scheduled for production after placing the order in mid-February. We had sold our other car so we had to move quickly.

As some know, we were going to get the White Diamond on the lot in which the dealer had added the rear camera system.

But it came down to:

-- Wife really wanted either a Black or Red color and the dealer had a Black Denali. (The Carbon Metallic on the Acadia is gray not jet black.)
-- The White Diamond Acadia would have been her 3rd choice in color.
-- The difference in price was less than 6k. Our loaded Acadia was ~$42k and the Denali was $48k. MSRP on the Denali was $56,600 so rebates and discounts were big...we were offered $399 over invoice (after rebates) on both vehicles.
-- We both wanted 2nd row bench seats and the Acadia had captain's chairs; the Denali had bench.
-- I really wanted a V8, not a V6.
-- The suspension rides much firmer in the Denali than the Acadia and the brakes feel much stronger as well.
-- The wood trim on the Denali looks nice and does not reflect harsh sunlight like the chrome and aluminum trim in the Acadia.

Now having said this, I know I will grab the first Acadia Denali off the truck because I figure it will have a V8 and nice wood trim.
Also, there is no question the Acadia felt much more nimble, had fold flat third row seats, and MUCH better gas mileage. And I like the look of the front end better than the Denali...

·
Registered
246 Posts
BloodRedHog said:
Don't :angryfire: me, but I had to keep marital peace in the family...we went with the Denali last night.
Well, some decisions in life are out of your control :angel:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Congrats on the Denali!!! The wife loves hers (hers is black too), and I know you couldn't go wrong with either one!!

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Life is all about compromises :p

Seriously, congrats on the new Denali, great truck. Feel free to hang around or at least pop in from time to time to see how things are going with the Acadia Denali!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm disappointed because I wanted to know how well the Yukon's back-up camera worked with the Acadia!

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
intrigueme said:
I'm disappointed because I wanted to know how well the Yukon's back-up camera worked with the Acadia!
Same here.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Good luck with it, I am sure GM will continue to sell a lot of "big ones", they had better as the lots are full, full, full. It is interesting they gave you the same over invoice offer for both!

·
Registered
306 Posts
BloodRedHog,

Momma happy? Then everybody is happy, including your Acadia Forum siblings.

BTW, can you go back to the dealer and check out that rear-view camera installed on the Acadia?
Tell your dealer 500 friends of yours want to know some details on it!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I will check into the camera. I have to go back tomorrow to the dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts