GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Acadia lovers...
I've been kicking tires for a month and a half now, and when you look and look some more, you find things and Acadias' that seem almost too good to be true.
IF you want this one, go for it and I won't feel bad, its a unique one I believe. What do you folks think?

2008, New Brown, BRICK interior!, SLT-2, with almost all options, no back up camera, no cooled seats. What do you think of the Brown on Brick combo? Its up to my wife in the end, she will see it this weekend at the latest.

Deal, Sticker: 42500, internet special: 34800! I may say Out the door, after all taxes and fees:32000.

Thoughts?

Bob in CT
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,374 Posts
CTAcadia said:
Hello fellow Acadia lovers...
I've been kicking tires for a month and a half now, and when you look and look some more, you find things and Acadias' that seem almost too good to be true.
IF you want this one, go for it and I won't feel bad, its a unique one I believe. What do you folks think?

2008, New Brown, BRICK interior!, SLT-2, with almost all options, no back up camera, no cooled seats. What do you think of the Brown on Brick combo? Its up to my wife in the end, she will see it this weekend at the latest.

Deal, Sticker: 42500, internet special: 34800! I may say Out the door, after all taxes and fees:32000.

Thoughts?

Bob in CT
Is this an AWD? Do you have a firm quote of the $32K? If so, outstanding price for what you're getting. If not, I'd look out for some fine print in there that will add several thousand to the price. Cooled seats were not an option in 2008, and the camera only came with the nav ($2K or so option), so I'm figuring for a $42.5K sticker it must be an AWD.

EDIT
Just priced one on Edmunds & see this is a FWD price w/ all the other options. Invoice is over $39K, so the $34K would be a decent price.

What do you think of the Brown on Brick combo?
Since you asked... I think it is... well, I'll just say it is not a color combo we'd consider and perhaps a good reason why that vehicle has not sold yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually, its a FWD.

Dual sunroofs, power gate, remote start, all the fun stuff too, DVD, AC power, NO Nav.

The 32k is what I would like to offer, out the door, so more like 28500 plus taxes, title and Reg...

The cars battery was dead, that's how long its been just sitting there. What would you guys and gals offer, prepared to walk out too. They have plenty of 09's where I can get a less equipped Acadia for a lower monthly...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,716 Posts
CTAcadia said:
actually, its a FWD.

Dual sunroofs, power gate, remote start, all the fun stuff too, DVD, AC power, NO Nav.

The 32k is what I would like to offer, out the door, so more like 28500 plus taxes, title and Reg...

The cars battery was dead, that's how long its been just sitting there. What would you guys and gals offer, prepared to walk out too. They have plenty of 09's where I can get a less equipped Acadia for a lower monthly...
I say stay away from it and get an 09'. If the battery is dead that means #1. it has a isssue, #2. sales dept does not even care enough to go out and start the vehicles regular and if they dont even do that chances are the recalls have not been done either. How did it smell inside? Look for stains on the headliner, rust near the e-brake and wet carpet. I'm just saying!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,374 Posts
My gut feeling is the dealer won't go below the $34,800 price since it is "so good". 6 brings up excellent points, it sounds like it may well have been neglected and a water leak is something you should investigate thoroughly- a couple thousand off the discounted price is no value if it has been wet inside for an extended amount of time. We have an extensive thread here about water leaks that will point out some of the places it can/has leak/leaked in addition to those 6 listed. Wouldn't hurt to copy the VIN and PM member Geohawk to see if it has a weird or any service history.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Take a peak:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes,
Someone is selling them right now.....they are becoming more commen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
It's a NEW 2008? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: How in the world is that still around? NO, If it were me, I wouldn't touch that at all, it's been on the lot way too long, and you would think something must be wrong with it for it to be discounted that much, they are selling it, what looks to be below GM Employee price. I just can't get over there still being ANY 2008's on the lots. do you know how long 2009's have been out? Since last year July. A 2008 still being around is nuts, it could be a dealer demo...how many miles on the odo?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,233 Posts
That vehicle will be nearly two years old before long. I went through a similar scenario when I purchased my 2008. I saw an 07 in August 07 and the dealer wouldn't move on the price. So I just ordered an 08 and had it by October. The difference in value for the one year is tremendous when it comes time to trade the vehicle in. And does anyone really like the orange interior??? What was GM thinking on that choice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello all,
I'm taking the car on an overnight test drive tonight....more so my working wife can drive any Acadia, and get a feel for it. This one takes a special taste, or none!

I'm looking forward to a longer test drive with no salesperson babbling in my ear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,716 Posts
CTAcadia said:
Hello all,
I'm taking the car on an overnight test drive tonight....more so my working wife can drive any Acadia, and get a feel for it. This one takes a special taste, or none!

I'm looking forward to a longer test drive with no salesperson babbling in my ear.
This is good news, now when you get it home pull the kick panel off that is buy your left foot on the drivers side and do the pass side as well, now if you can pull the carpet back and take a look see and smell, check it over well cause you do not want a demon car, also look for rust by the e-brake, open the glove box and look with a flashlight @ the fuse block, look for signs of water-dried drips. Trust me on this I've had one replaced from this leak issue, it's a road that is not smooth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
I like the brick interior, its not orange at all. It looks different in person than it does in a picture. The only thing I will say is that it only looks good with certain exterior colors.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,870 Posts
Both whites with the brick look OK; anything else is so so
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:cheers:

First up, thanks for all of your input and advice...so helpful.

The car has 200 miles on it. No musty smells, no sign of water stains at all. This machine is a post sunroof problem build. I now understand why all of you love your Acadia's so much, what a nice ride. Options are so many to list. NO cooled seats, no back up camera or NAV. Just about everything else.

Of course, my wife dislikes the color interior.

Deal dead. The dealer has got to be dying to rid itself of the car. Sticker: $42,000, asking $34800, I know I could be out the door for around $32500 or 33k. Sweet ride, just too bad its brown on brick.

Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,716 Posts
How about a 09' @ 0% for 60?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,233 Posts
Deals a plenty on any one these days - they are dying to move inventory. You can probably order one from the factory with the exact options you want and still get a deal. That's how I bought mine. Go for it. It's the best vehicle I've ever owned. Wish I could afford another :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,870 Posts
I think it's sitting there because if the color combo; you could always buy it and then repaint it and still come out ahead
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:D

Again, great advice.

We are hoping to find or build a Brown on black or titanium, SLT-1 with power 'gate, remote start, sunroof (s) and 2-2-3 seating. AC power outlet would be nice too.

Can I find one please!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,233 Posts
GM has an inventory search tool online where you can ID what you're looking for and then the search comes back with matches or close matches and the related dealers near your zip code who have the inventory. Good luck with it.

ftp]http://www.gm.com/vehicles/?exist=false[/ftp]
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top