GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanna here how retarded I can be, this whole DIC thing has about got me wanting to trade up the Acadia. I will of course have to wait awhile, but I had no idea that I would want something so bad that I can not upgrade. I posted earlier to see if anyone can add DIC to a manual climate. I am pretty sure I can not. That one tiny feature is driving me crazy. I can add NAV, DVD, HID, power outlets, but am restricted on the DIC. How stupid can I be? (that was retorical, no need to respond, my wife tells me all the time) All you who have the DIC, enjoy! The Acadia is still the best vehicle I have bought, even with no DIC.

·
Registered
31 Posts
don't feel bad, i am in the same situation, when we did our test drive we only test drove the slt's so i just assumed ( ???) that the full function DIC was in all vehicles until about 3 days of driving and I told the wife to check the DTE and she was like its not one here...........

·
Registered
60 Posts
I came from a vehicle with a more elaborate DIC to the SLE DIC. The only thing I miss is the MPG calc which I always end up doing manually anyway to check the accuracy of the DIC. Otherwise I really only use the trip meter and outside temp which the SLE has.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really, the pen and paper method is really more accurate anyways. Anyways, enjoy your Acadia, I find excuses to take it out. Not worried about fuel milage since I am comparing it to a full size dodge truck. All dodges should get a gas guzzler tax, they suck!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hope the make it standard on the SLE's for 2009!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bet it is standard on the Enclave this year, I bet it will be next year on the Acadia.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I don't have the DIC and I don't mind it one bit. You're just weird. LOL :p

I'm of the opinion that the more electronic gadgets you have in your vehicle, the more that can go wrong with it. Not that it will, but it could.

I <3 my SLE.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would LOVE to have the DIC features on my SLE. If only reason would be so I do not have to hear my Wife complain about the door locks automatically unlocking when the truck is put into PARK. According to the Dealer the auto unlock can only be changed with the DIC feature in the SLT 2008 Acadias. I did the search here and took the TSB number for the turn off auto unlock feature, but according to the Dealer that only works on 2007 models. I too am in the same boat of test driving only SLT models and assumed that all Acadias had the DIC button feature. My Wife and I decided that we did not really need all the extra feature on the SLT models. Of course the Dealer was out of brochures and was not completely knowledgeable regarding all the features. Of course we did not even think about the DIC interface. Seemed logical that it would be standard..... then the whole door locking feature came about.

Since my Wife is the primary driver she would feel safer if the doors did not unlock on their own. She constantly reminds me of the video on the web where a woman's purse it taken from the passenger front seat while the victim is pumping gas. The entire thing is caught on a security camera at a gas station. A man opens the door while kneeling down and takes the womans purse. He then closes the door and drives away. It's on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02dbR4RxJSY

Thanks GMC!!!! Maybe the default to NOT unlock....... or better yet.... DIC button on all Acadia versions.

Sorry... did not mean to hijack the post or rant.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No hijack here. I had to send that video to my wife and here friends. The thing with you tube and my space is people watch it and get ideas. Whatever lock/unlock TSB you found may work for the 2008. You use to be able to program with the key fobs what it would to, I will see what I can find.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm now glad I set my DIC for driver open on key removal! Passengers hate it though. Must be ingrained that car stops, door must open...even if there's a two second delay, you're not fast enough...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Love my Enhanced DIC on my SLE. I usually check my tire pressures before I head out for the day, and then switch back to monitor tire pressures... all from the comfort of my drivers' seat.

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1631.0

However, I am surprised that other GM crossover utilities (Equinox) come with the full-featured DIC even in base (LS) trim.

Then again, as I have often speculated, the stripped DIC in the Acadia SLE is probably justification for the price hike for SLTs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts