GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i noticed parts of certain roads and highways that were yellow? I just happened to be zoomed pretty far out and noticed 5 or so highways that had pieces of them marked yellow including a clip of our beltway? It may have always been there and i just never noticed it, but I was wondering if anyone knew what the represented? Read the manual and didn't see anything? wishful thinking is that it may have been traffic conditions....but i know that there's no way :( as an fyi, i was also in the 3D view.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Just a guess, but aren't the 'limited access' roads (interstates, divided highways, and tollways) noted as a different color on a regular map? Probably the same here.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
xseler said:
Just a guess, but aren't the 'limited access' roads (interstates, divided highways, and tollways) noted as a different color on a regular map? Probably the same here.
don't think that's the case because it was only portions of the highways. secondly, I was actually driving down a tollroad when i noticed other areas highlighted. also, there was a small portion of our beltway here in dc highlighted and I don't think any of those you mentioned applies here. could be wrong, was driving while trying to figure it out. attempted to click on the areas to see if it would offer more info, but no luck.

As a side note, I really like the 3d icons tha appear over dc when zoomed out a bit! :thumb:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Actually the yellow colored section of road is telling you that the road can be closed for a direction of traffic at a certain time. For instance.. A road by me is yellow because between the hours of 8:00 am thru 4:00 pm it is a one way road. After 4pm thru 8 am it can have two way traffic. That is the only time I have seen a yellow road. :) Hope that helps

·
Registered
20 Posts
Also on a second note...
I changed my view to 3d and saw more roads in different colors. What I noticed where main roads in towns where a different color, ramps, and two highways next to one another. I hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts