·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone have one with a dark interior?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Joe, I saw a red jewel with ebony interior today (no camera with ::) ). Looked fine. My concern with the black interior, especially leather, is the heat in the summer.... :eek: [/color]

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Scotty said:
My concern with the black interior, especially leather, is the heat in the summer.... :eek: [/color]
I currently have a silver Acurca MDX with black leather interior. I was worried when I got it, but it hasn't been a problem with heat. I'm in Salt Lake City, and it gets in the 90s and low 100s here in the summer. Don't know about Phoenix or some of those areas. :eek:

I've come to believe the exterior color has more to do with how hot the interior gets than does the interior color.

Kelly

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Where did you find that pic Racefla?

Any high res pics of it?

Great pic of the car and the background just makes it even better.

That pic just convinced me to be patient and get the color I want.

Sweet pic. :eek:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Joe I have a high res...I will email it to you...

Adam

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks.

Got it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a Red Jewel with the ebony interior. We've had some days as high as 80 since it was purchased and in the direct sun, but we've not had any problems with heat inside. I had some concerns until we looked at an Envoy Denali with the same color scheme and it was not too hot so we decided to go with the same color scheme on the Acadia.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i'm ordering a carbon/ebony slt2 on tuesday. don't worry about the black interior; i have an infiniti g35 in dark blue with black leather and live in dallas. trust me, if the interior was going to be hot, last summer would have been a big test. it was really hot, but my g35 was the same as everyone else's cars with white paint and a lighter interior.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hi Underdog.
You must be the Red Jewelcoat/Ebony AWD That pulled in behind My Carbon/Brick FWD at the dealer this morning.

Good talking to you. Hope they figured out your heated seat problem.

BTW: A few weeks ago when I first started looking at inventories in Florida, yours was the only one I could find in stock in the state. Yours might be the first 8)

Skoal

Joe racefla.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Joe,

Yeah, that's me. Our's wasn't the first Acadia, but I think it may have been the first AWD. From what I've seen, I think the FWD models may have been produced first, followed by the AWD models.

Tom

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Hey underdog, welcome to the forum! When you have time, post some pics of your red acadia here. Be the first to post real-world (not press photo) pics of the Red Jewel! How do you like the color? (we almost got the red jewel color ourselves, but they would have had to deliver it from 250 miles away and we were nervous odering a brand new vehicle in a color we hadn't seen, so we went with Carbon Metallic)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have to wash the vehicle this Saturday before the sun comes over the house, and I'll get some pics before it rains on Sunday ;) and post them.

One thing I can't believe they didn't put on the Acadia is a spoiler of some sort on the rear window that pushes air over the back window. Without it, the Acadia sucks road dirt onto the back window just like the Tahoe does :(

On the other hand, I do recommend using the Mr. Clean Auto-Dry car wash system. I have the PRO version which has a nice case with a drip hole, hose quick-disconnect system, and power spray mode, and I can completely wash the vehicle and rims and have it ready to go in 30 minutes.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Can't wait to see the pics Underdog! Would love to see one in person since I ordered it sight unseen!

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Underdog - the Acadia does have a bit of a spoiler over the rear window, but maybe it's not enough to affect draft...

I also have that Mr Clean auto-dry car wash. It worked pretty well, but I ran out of ionizer stuff and haven't bought more, so I don't use it much anymore

·
Registered
45 Posts
Unfortunately, the spoiler on the back of the Acadia doesn't help clean off the back window. In fact, I think it does just the opposite. Air rushing over the top of it creates a vaccuum on the back window, sucking up all the dust. Now we just need an aftermarket mod....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here are some pics I took this morning after washing the Acadia. Before it finished drying, the pollen was already starting to settle on the paint :-\

Skyscape Dual Sunroof:

Front Grill:

Closeup of the Red Jewel Paint. When the sun hits this paint, you can really see the jewel finish!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here are some more exterior feature pics...

These are the 19" Rims

The headlights:

The LED Taillights:

View from the rear:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts