GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time posting pics...sorry I thought I could get more uploaded in one topic...

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
Thanks for pics of the undercarriage! Now I have to go back and change my posting on fuel guage issues as I said (without double checking, that the gas tank is on the right, it is on the left.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Great pics! What is interesting is that I can't see the driver side rail or the steel lines that Racefla talked about in this quote. It may be just the angle of the photo, but I am curious. My car had side rails on both sides. They went to only one on Racefla's car, and are they now down to none?

Driver side rail
« on: February 13, 2007, 11:20:26 AM »
This being a uni-body I noticed a square rail on the drivers side that you can see mounted below the body.

It is 1X2" rectangular, runs from the front to the back with 4-5 mounts but is a couple of inches below the body. I think it is to protect the fuel tank. IE to bottom out instead of punching the tank.

The passenger side does not have this, but there 4 1/2" steel lines that run to the back. These are lind of exposed.

I guess without a frame to run these lines through they just hang them out there.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Sandman...

OK...I'm not exactly sure...but I think you can see 1 of the side rails (especially on the rear view) on my Acadia.

Mine was just built this month...early March. So I think mine has 1 rail...on the drivers side right next to the fuel tank.

I have not had a chance to stick my head under the Acadia to check it out...I will try to do that this weekend and see what they are trying to do with these rails.

Could they have something to do w/ the Towing package? Mine has Towing. Who knows.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Look at the 2nd photo and you can see the rail.

Edit: 1st photo as well on the right side, has a Z bend in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts