GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding around town yesterday, and passed by a few dealers in the area. Now, my question is, Why is it that they (GMC) have all of the Sierra, Yukon's and other Suv Trucks out in FRONT of their showroom. I saw a few of the Acadia's way in the back of the lot. :mad: I cannot understand why they are way in the back of the lot instead of the front to sell them. Are there any Dealers out there that can tell me why? I already have an Acadia, and So happy with it. Great Crossover. and a Great riding SUV. Love it. But if anyone has a comment about this, Please let me know. Thanks. :thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am not a dealer, but this is my thought....

It is supply & marketing (0% interest + $1,000 cash bonus Transformer promo) outweighing demand. The dealers to blow out the Yukons etc., not the Acadias.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One more thing, I rarely see any Commercial/Advertisements on TV or any Radio Stations that I listen too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It looks the same way at the dealership that I bought my Acadia from. My particular dealer told me he is happy about how popular the Acadia is selling and hope there is a balance selling the other models as well.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
ashton13 said:
I was riding around town yesterday, and passed by a few dealers in the area. Now, my question is, Why is it that they (GMC) have all of the Sierra, Yukon's and other Suv Trucks out in FRONT of their showroom. I saw a few of the Acadia's way in the back of the lot. :mad: I cannot understand why they are way in the back of the lot instead of the front to sell them. Are there any Dealers out there that can tell me why? I already have an Acadia, and So happy with it. Great Crossover. and a Great riding SUV. Love it. But if anyone has a comment about this, Please let me know. Thanks. :thumb:
My dealer is the SAME way! All the Yukons (ugly front ends... yuck) are lined up in sight and the Acadias are all hidden where you can't see them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just would like to know if they are in the back of the lot for a reason. :eek:hno: My Opnion is the Acadia is one of the best looking Trucks/Crossover on the lot today, Why hide them in the back of the lot. :sosad: Hope some of the dealers can see this, and do something about it. Thanks for all the replys

·
Registered
122 Posts
ashton13 said:
I just would like to know if they are in the back of the lot for a reason. :eek:hno: My Opnion is the Acadia is one of the best looking Trucks/Crossover on the lot today, Why hide them in the back of the lot. :sosad: Hope some of the dealers can see this, and do something about it. Thanks for all the replys
Except for this current sale that ends July 9th, the Acadia and Enclave is normally up front. Rite now GMC is having a hugh sale on all trucks and SUVs except the Acadia and Enclave. It makes perfect sense to have the sale items up front. They need to move those things out, fast.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Web Raven said:
ashton13 said:
My dealer is the SAME way! All the Yukons (ugly front ends... yuck) are lined up in sight and the Acadias are all hidden where you can't see them.
i am sorry but i have to agree with you on the 07 yukons being ugly on the front ends, the big reason i bought an 06 yukon xl, but the new serria denali's have one me over, want one NOW, LOVE THAT AGGRESSIVE LOOK TO THEM AND THE AGGRESSIVE POWER, 403 HP 417 FT LB TORQUE.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the whole Line of GMC too, They are all nice looking Trucks/Cars, Ect. But if there is a New Item on the lot, I feel it should be in the front of the Dealership. I am in Sales myself, Not a Car dealer, But in Food, If I have something new that comes out, I make sure it is on a display rack, in Front of the store, where people can see it and try it. I know when selling a Car/Truck, is not like selling food. But com'on guys/gals This is a NEW ITEM. good looking and Sharp looking. There is nothing out their that can compare to this truck/crossover, That is only my Opinion ::) Just another comment of mine. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I went to pick up the touch up paint for my Envoy I saw the Acadia. Three in a row at the way back of the lot. Love at first sight. I asked the salesperson about them and she said those were all special ordered and to be picked up in the next day or so. They had three more there in the front and by the time I got through, there were two.

·
Registered
403 Posts
It's the same reason the milk is in the back of the store...

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't work for a dealer either but here is my opinion......As far as I can see, the Acadias are selling almost as fast as the dealers can get them in (with little advertising and not much room on the lot devoted to them). It appears the dealerships are more focused on putting the yukons (and others) up front because those aren't moving as quickly. They are putting them on more prominent display hoping to attract buyers. It wouldn't make since to put something as popular as the Acadia up front if that isn't necessary to help them sell. They are selling themselves!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts