GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are scans of what our dealer offered us for ordering a 2008 Acadia last Saturday (6/23/07). It doesn't appear that the prices for options have changed from 2007. Also note the reference to the backup camera. The same option is listed with the DVD package and NAV.

Attachments

G

·
That is interesting because I went to the dealer today about ordering a 2008 Acadia and he said there wasn't an option for him to select the rearview camera. He showed me the invoice from GM Dealer World. He said he didn't know when they would start including the rearview camera or the console. Did you order a 2008 with a camera and did you have to pay any extra Advertising fees? ($831) I walked away because it just didn't sound right.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Grey,
Advertising fees are different from region to region, and reflect the local regional co-op advertising that they pass on to the buyer. These are unavoidable in most instances, if they have them in your region. Typically, if you see them at one dealer in your area, you will find the same fee (typically a set %) at all dealers within the same region.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Grey said:
That is interesting because I went to the dealer today about ordering a 2008 Acadia and he said there wasn't an option for him to select the rearview camera. He showed me the invoice from GM Dealer World. He said he didn't know when they would start including the rearview camera or the console.
The camera comes with the nav unit, as far as I can tell. No extra cost for it.

Did you order a 2008 with a camera and did you have to pay any extra Advertising fees? ($831) I walked away because it just didn't sound right.
The dealership I went to doesn't participate in GM's advertising so I won't have to pay any advertising fees. I was quoted straight invoice plus delivery.

·
Registered
659 Posts
tymj said:
Grey,
Advertising fees are different from region to region, and reflect the local regional co-op advertising that they pass on to the buyer. These are unavoidable in most instances, if they have them in your region. Typically, if you see them at one dealer in your area, you will find the same fee (typically a set %) at all dealers within the same region.
However the boundaries of regions can be pretty vague. I found in my area that although the several dealers within the city line had the same fee. A quick trip to any of several dealers 10 to 15 miles outside, knocked a quick $400 of the advertising fee. Its worth checking if you have several dealers to price from.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts