GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally sold the Acadia and I just wanted to say that I'll miss everyone on this forum. This is by far, one of the best auto forums out there!! :thumb: I'll check in periodically just to see what's up.

·
Registered
284 Posts
vic49 said:
I bought a Honda CRV-EX-L with Nav. I needed something much smaller and more economical to drive.
Ah, yes, sounds much like my mother and our recent swap of her '04 Suburban for a new '08 Malibu. Loved the SUV and never thought she could own something less...but finally realized it was just TOO, TOO much, particularly as a daily driver. Lower payment, much lower gas bill, fun & easy to whip around, etc. For a while there, it was very much looking like she was going to be an Enclave driver, but on second consideration, even a Lambda was too big, too much, and too thirsty still for what she really wanted.

You made a great choice, and hopefully it will continue to impress as far as quality & economy.

·
Registered
468 Posts
caddycruiser said:
Ah, yes, sounds much like my mother and our recent swap of her '04 Suburban for a new '08 Malibu.
Ooh. Let us know what she thinks of it after a while.

·
Registered
284 Posts
zman said:
caddycruiser said:
Ah, yes, sounds much like my mother and our recent swap of her '04 Suburban for a new '08 Malibu.
Ooh. Let us know what she thinks of it after a while.
Not to steal this thread...but LOVES it. This coming from a person who swore she could never go smaller than a Tahoe, that's really saying something. And so is that she now has a 4-cylinder after 5 years of V8...but it's so quick & quiet, she loves that too, and the gas bill.

I thought I liked my '07 rental, but as Car & Driver said, the new '08 takes the strong guts of that car and finally styles and refines them to how it should have always been.

Oh, and the first car, ever, aside from once or twice with a previous Avalanche....that she gets comments and questions about nearly every single day. It's essentially a show off party everyday at work with customers, and whenever she goes anywhere. Again, something no one ever would have associated with a "Malibu".

So, yeah, fantastic car, soon to be a month with it. Here's my album of pictures (dated on the side):

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/My Cars Stuff/08 Malibu/

ALMOST had an Acadia...then Outlook...until finally falling in love with the Enclave, only to do a total 360 and realistically decide it was car time.

Now, back to vic49 :thumb:...I should probably post this in a Lounge (or something) thread.

·
Registered
165 Posts
vic49 said:
I bought a Honda CRV-EX-L with Nav. I needed something much smaller and more economical to drive.
How are you liking it? I'm doing an extended test drive today of the EX-L w/o NAV. So far, I'm liking it better than the Acadia. Has a lot of pep for a 4 cylinder. What color interior did you get? Easy to keep clean?

Thanks.

Mel

·
Registered
812 Posts
vic49 said:
congrats on the Honda!!! :thumb:

With these reasons you can never go wrong with the CRV!! Love the Nav system!!!! if only the CRV could have been bigger!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Good luck with the new vehicle vic49. Thanks for being such a great member, and by all means, stop in and say hi once in a while! You don't have to own an Acadia to post here! :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
vic49 said:
Thanks for all of your send offs!! I love the CRV!! It is surprisingly peppy for a four cylinder, the Nav is better than the one in the Acadia, in my opinion. More user friendly and more features. Sorry guys, just my 2 cents, nothing personal. EX-L w/Nav has voice activated climate control, stereo and Nav voice activated as well, I was surprised at how well it came equipped out of the factory and all for under $27,000 Amazing!! Oh and a backup camera.

Stevemel: Got white w/ grey leather and so far easier to keep clean than the black interior on Acadia. Waiting on my all weather mats to come in which will help.

This forum is set up way better than any of the Honda forums I have found. They certainly could take a few qtips from Admin. that's for sure.
After driving the CR-V all day yesterday, I will be selling my Acadia soon. The car payment and gas prices are the main factors. I'm going for the EX-L in royal blue/gray.

Where are you getting your all weather mats from? I did a quick search on the internet and saw a few places for around $80 for the set.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I sold my Acadia too, just because needs to cut family budget spending. I loved this car. We have driven 27,000 exactly. Dealer paid me 22,000 with my pay off 20,500. So I would say it's not bad deal. I got 04' Lexus RX330 only for 14,000. It's a big difference in payment and big saving for long run. I know used car can have surprises, but Lexus was serviced at only dealer, I got all history with it.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
PHLFLY said:
I sold my Acadia too, just because needs to cut family budget spending. I loved this car. We have driven 27,000 exactly. Dealer paid me 22,000 with my pay off 20,500. So I would say it's not bad deal. I got 04' Lexus RX330 only for 14,000. It's a big difference in payment and big saving for long run. I know used car can have surprises, but Lexus was serviced at only dealer, I got all history with it.
Good luck; hope the Lexus serves you well :thumb:

·
Registered
17 Posts
My teenager got a 09 CR-V for his Birthday gift from my parents back in September and I love it.

He had the base version, but it is a nice little vehicle... drives well, and can turn on a dime. It gets great gas mileage too, which is a huge plus. (Especially when you're the one paying for the gas!!! LOL)

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
jodim said:
My teenager got a 09 CR-V for his Birthday gift from my parents back in September and I love it.

He had the base version, but it is a nice little vehicle... drives well, and can turn on a dime. It gets great gas mileage too, which is a huge plus. (Especially when you're the one paying for the gas!!! LOL)
lucky kid!! You looking to adopt a 31 year old. :binky: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Good luck with the new Malibu!!!

I just recently traded a VW Passat with 4motion for an Acadia AWD. I loved the Passat, but I needed something that I could really use. The Passat was great, but it was way too small and only got 2 mpg's better than my Acadia which is twice the vehicle. I was going to have to put about $2000 into the Passat for brakes and a timing belt and figured I didn't want to put money into something I didn't want to keep anymore. BTW, I'm really loving the Acadia, Excellent vehicle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
bonk1313 said:
lucky kid!! You looking to adopt a 31 year old. :binky: :thumbsup:
Sorry, I already have my hands full!!!

It's kind of comical that these people are the same ones who raised me. I had to drive a fixer upper and it was a piece of crap.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
jodim said:
Sorry, I already have my hands full!!!

It's kind of comical that these people are the same ones who raised me. I had to drive a fixer upper and it was a piece of crap.
I'm with you - the first car I had was troubled by a leaking head gasket. I had to add coolant every time I filled the gas tank. You can guess what eventually happened to the engine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts