GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2008 SLE and today I found a square piece of the floor between the 1st and 2nd rows (left side, right in front of the bench seat) is possibly hollow and covered by a carpet like material. All other part of the floor is hard plastic. So when I step on this square part, I feel the floor is soft. Does anyone know what this is? Not sure if I could damage something under the the soft cover if I step on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your information. Just a little curious why GMC does not use the hard plastic to cover the compartment. Still a little worried if stepping on it could damage something.

·
Registered
812 Posts
consumer --- :uzi: :friday: --- GM engineers

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
SioXie said:
consumer --- :uzi: :friday: --- GM engineers
:rofl:

However, I would not limit it to GM engineers. I would include the Honda engineers that designed our Odyssey to 1) Require the entire dash to be removed to replace the light bulb for the clock which would barely last a year (so I ended up replacing the bulb with an LED) and 2) remove the passenger side engine mount just to replace the belts.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Does the picture I've attached below look like the area where you are describing? You mention it is on the left side. Did you mean on the driver's side? Or did you mean on the left side of the passenger side as shown in my picture below?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not this area. Actually this area is kind of hard in my Acadia. The area has the soft floor is right behind the driver seat. Actually after I removed the entire floor mat, I found it is not a square but instead a T shape area.

Kloogee said:
Does the picture I've attached below look like the area where you are describing? You mention it is on the left side. Did you mean on the driver's side? Or did you mean on the left side of the passenger side as shown in my picture below?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you also have soft floor in your Acadia? Just wondering if it is a quality problem or not.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
ymchn said:
Do you also have soft floor in your Acadia? Just wondering if it is a quality problem or not.
WOW!! You really pay attention to details. Of course I don't normally get in the back of mine. I removed the floor mat and walked around in the back without shoes on. For sure there is a soft floor behind the drivers seat just as you describe. It is so soft I would think there was no floor board under there. But I looked under the car and pushed really hard and all seemed OK. This must be part of the padding they use to keep it quite. It sounds to me like your car is normal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts