GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on Edmunds site today trying to verify the price my dealership gave me on a new Acadia. I'm planning on placing an order very, very soon (as soon as I figure out if I'm getting the deal he says I am). I am coming up with different numbers on Edmunds. Does anyone know how to find out the TRUE invoice? He says he's selling the Acadia at $200 below invoice because the owner knows my Dad very well (he buys a car just about every year). Here's what he's quoting me:

$33,867 before taxes and tags for SLT-1 with Remote rear liftgate and dual sunroof. No other extras.

Through Edmunds.com I come up with $32,435 for the same configuration. :confused:

Can anyone tell me if the numbers on Edmunds are accurate? Here's the breakdown:
$31,065 - Base SLT-1 (not the SLE)
$1079 - Dual sunroof
$291 - Power rear liftgate

·
Registered
542 Posts
Not sure what yours should be but I have had a similar run around. My dealer says $11 over invoice but when we go to nail it down, there is this unknown variable. Cant pin the price down exactly until we get an invoice after ordered. May vary $700+- from price quoted. Other dealers are giving exact quotes but not sure if they will play the same game with me on the price if I switch to them.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Does he like your dad? ;D

I just ran the numbers (assuming FWD, and no special paint) -- building it out for a supplier price and the supplier price is a little more than $100 less (33,719) than what you are being quoted.

I don't think that the supplier is that much above invoice (1300 above) -- That would be 3.5% over invoice. Althought the destination chg needs to be in there, that would make sense, putting the supplier only $600 above invoice.

The dealer has his holdback which is probably about $1000 or so.

Ask to see the invoice numbers from the build worksheet. Better yet, have your dad ask his friend to see that info.

·
Registered
468 Posts
In the Minneapolis area every dealer has two additional advertising fees listed on the factory invoice. They amount to roughly the $700 you are talking about. I think the acronym was LAM (Local Area Marketing??).

·
Registered
119 Posts
I believe Local Dealer Advertising is typically 2% of MSRP (without the destination charge). For me, that amounted to $745.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Is that something dealers in MINN can add by a special law, or do you think it is someting I don't see in Tenn because of a law we have passed? I have bought a few cars now, and ones that had big advertising behind them and have never had that additional charge.

I believe(it could be) legit, I just have never seen it before. I still say dealer should be able to show you the computer generated invoice without too much trouble to verify.

·
Registered
468 Posts
The ones I have seen in Minnesota appear to be the genuine factory invoice, right off the GM computer "system". There are two separate advertising fees listed. I assume it is some pooling of money for regional advertising. I don't pretend to understand the differences between regions but I think every GM car in the Mpls area shows this fee, I do not think it is dealer dependent.

We can discuss endlessly whether or not we should have to pay for advertising, which is part of running a business, but I do think the fee is legitimate. Whether we try to negotiate it away is another discussion.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tymj said:
Don't forget the $700+ destination charge :-[
That was exactly it! :thumb: I completely forgot to add in the destination charge. I asked the dealer to give it one last try to see if they can locate one and if not go ahead and order.

mitchl said:
Does he like your dad? ;D
quote]

Well, when he's done dealing with me he'll probably have a whole new opinion of my Dad! ;D My Dad goes in and says "this is what I want" and leaves with it. I am too indecisive and put too much emotion on the line. I wish I could change that, but 'I am who I am!' :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts