GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leaving downtown out the parking garage, right turn. There was a car parked on the street at the exit & lots of traffic. Apparently not enough room to swing the turn because BAM, I hit the parked car. :-[ Just my luck, a nice BMW. :banghead: Rubbed the big plastic bumper pretty good, no breakage/dents. The Acadia didn't do as well. Rear passenger door dent & paint scrapped. :'( Left a note/called my agent...now I sit and wait for the "call." I feel horrible that this person now has to take time out of their life to deal with it. The $500 deductible isn't making me feel too hot either. My beautiful Acadia is damaged goods. This sux.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. I know how awful that feels. I hope everything turns out OK.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sorry to hear about the dents. Hope you fare well on this. I sent you a PM about Face Book too. :drunk:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Well at least it is isolated to the door without any serious damage or personal injuries! :thumb:

My wife re-ended someone, and her "cheap" insurance company insisted on fixing it with the cheapest
(not factory) parts they could find. The claims adjuster spent so much time assessing the damage,
he looked at EVERY SINGLE PART AND EVERY SINGLE MINUTE OF LABOR CHARGE. I'm not exagerating at all.
He spent 2-3 hours going over the car with the body shop. The body shop said the were the worst company to do business with.
After the body shop finished the work, my wife discovered the radio didn't work, and the adjuster came out again just to inspect the radio,
and he ended up only paying for part of the replacement cost, because my wife could not PROVE it was damaged in the accident. :eek:hno: :banghead:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Copperhead13 said:
Well at least it is isolated to the door with out any serious damage or personal injuries! :thumb:
Good point...it could have been worse. Just could kick myself sometimes.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Copperhead13 said:
My wife re-ended someone, and her "cheap" insurance company insisted on fixing it with the cheapest
(not factory) parts they could find. The claims adjuster spent so much time assessing the damage,
he looked at EVERY SINGLE PART AND EVERY SINGLE MINUTE OF LABOR CHARGE. I'm not exagerating at all.
He spent 2-3 hours going over the car with the body shop. The body shop said the were the worst company to do business with.
After the body shop finished the work, my wife discovered the radio didn't work, and the adjuster came out again just to inspect the radio,
and he ended up only paying for part of the replacement cost, because my wife could not PROVE it was damaged in the accident. :eek:hno: :banghead:
I've never turned in a claim w/ my insurance. I hope I don't have that experience. :eek:hno:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Ugh! That totally sucks. :( I hope getting it repaired is quick and painless for you.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Irish said:
...Left a note/called my agent...
Thanks for doing the right thing after the fact. :thumb: Something you don't hear much about these days. I'm also glad the damage is limited.

I had/have similar damage to my '98 Durango. Mrs. Blue (it was her 2nd one before it was my tow vehicle) parked next to another Durango (at least you didn't hit a parked Acadia :)) & a kid in the other one literally threw the door open so hard it locked the vehicles together. The other lady's husband had to come out & use a jack to get them apart. Mrs. Blue didn't want to file a claim & have the other people get screwed by their insurance company, so it was never repaired. I added some matching damage to the rear/one side learning how to use a lawn equipment trailer to haul cars when we moved and before I bought my car hauler. :-[ So now it makes a good "bubba" ride when I need to go into town low profile (i.e. not in one of my "furrin" cars).

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Irish said:
Thanks for doing the right thing after the fact. :thumb: Something you don't hear much about these days. I'm also glad the damage is limited.
Then of course there's the old story about a guy backing his car into someone else's. He gets out and writes a note to stick under the windshield wiper. The note says, "Some people are watching me write this note and they think I'm letting you know my name and address. But I'm not."

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Thanks for doing the right thing after the fact.
BOBBO said:
Then of course there's the old story about a guy backing his car into someone else's. He gets out and writes a note to stick under the windshield wiper. The note says, "Some people are watching me write this note and they think I'm letting you know my name and address. But I'm not."
LMAO! Classic!

It was downtown in rush hour, parking garage for my office. Everyone was watching. Oh so embarrassed.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sweated out until 1 today for the owner of the other vehicle to call. She was really nice. Still will be an insurance claim, but I'm relieved for not getting chewed out. ;D

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Any estimates for the damages yet?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Copperhead13 said:
Well at least it is isolated to the door without any serious damage or personal injuries! :thumb:

Care to tell us the insurance company so WE don't have the same problems?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jsimms said:
Not yet, busy week. Liv'in at the in-laws while my hardwoods are being refinished. :help: j/k ;D

Have an appt on Friday afternoon and will keep you posted. Upon closer inspection dent followed through from rear door to rear panel. Not a huge dent by any means, but the paint is chipped & splintered. So no just "popping" it out. Have not started a claim, but did learn today that my insurance (Travelers) does not have accident forgiveness. When the policy is up...the rate might be too. Will find out in July I guess.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
We watch the TV show The Unit (about a US Special Forces squad) and it is funny to see the squad leader doing Allstate car insurance commercials during the show after blowing stuff up or firing weapons into vehicles.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Irish said:
jsimms said:
Not yet, busy week. Liv'in at the in-laws while my hardwoods are being refinished. :help: j/k ;D

Have an appt on Friday afternoon and will keep you posted. Upon closer inspection dent followed through from rear door to rear panel. Not a huge dent by any means, but the paint is chipped & splintered. So no just "popping" it out. Have not started a claim, but did learn today that my insurance (Travelers) does not have accident forgiveness. When the policy is up...the rate might be too. Will find out in July I guess.
Interesting timing. The insurance just called / other driver filed a claim. Their person will be out within next 48hrs to take a look.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Sounds like a repaint from the damage you reported; I hope they repaint the entire vehicle although they may not being the damage is localized to the rear

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My insurance came out today. Estimated $1500 to fix. Said they would repaint the isolated area, but apply the clear coat from the rear panel all the way to the front as their is no break in the panel. Never gave much thought to the fact it was all one piece.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
That's not bad :thumb: now it depends on how much they jack your rates!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
mrvids said:
Copperhead13 said:

Care to tell us the insurance company so WE don't have the same problems?
American Family Insurance.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts