GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope I can describe this accurately - if not, I'll post some pics.

On the exterior, behind the front, side widows is a "A-Frame" post that is a glossy black. Since I took ownership, mine appear to have some smudges. At first I thought they were from my hand prints since I tend to grab the door here to close it. I tried some elbow grease and it did not come off. Before I try some different products, wanted to check on this board to see if anyone else has experienced this? And if so, what did you do to return the gloss to this area?

Thanks,
jb

·
Registered
264 Posts
Same thing, any finger prints on glossy black will show up. I have learned to close the door lower on the body paint color so it won't leave prints. :thumb:

·
Registered
384 Posts
I think what he is saying is "whatever he has on the black is NOT coming off even when trying to rub it off." I have not had this issue, but will look more closely at mine to see if the smudges come off, because I just assumed they were fingerprints and I would get to them later. Keep us updated on what takes it off, if anything.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vic49 - you are exactly right. The smudges are not coming off. I tried to use some glass cleaner today to get the marks off but they are still visable when you look at this glossy paint in the light. So while they appear to look like finger prints, they do not whipe off as the finger prints do. Let me know if you guys see anything similiar.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It is funny that you mention the smudges on the door window frames. I have a friend who just a few weeks ago took delivery of a new SLT-2 and we saw what appeared to be slight scratches or marred lines on the black frame. We thought the cleanup shop had inflicted them when the car first came in. I looked at my several month older Acadia and noticed similar markings/visual defects. No amount of polishing took them away.

We have decided that when the chrome door frame rails are available in something like "Autoeverthing" or similar supplier, we will be first in line to purchase them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Try a good cleaner wax, like Meguiar's Cleaner Wax, Meguiar's ColorX, or Meguiar's ScratchX.

These products do very well on most surfaces.

Let us know if it helps,
Scott R

·
Registered
812 Posts
If the swirl marks look imbeded, then its a factory defect, theres nothing much you can do, but if its not try Stoner glass cleaner and apply some Meguiars PlastX afterwards.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have seen many vehicles especially ones that have emblems on these glossy black areas appear to be "smudgy". Usually a detailer at a car dealer will use a buffer to remove protective film on these areas and end up creating a hologram effect on them. Take a terry cloth applicator with some Meguiar's ScratchX and apply by hand to the area. You will be amazed at the results.

Good Luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts