GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

I'm finally getting around to posting a couple of pics, and adding a few comments about my Acadia. First, I LOVE this thing! It is so fun to drive, and I am having a fun time playing with all of the voice commands & features. I took delivery last Monday evening on the 20th. I got it just in time to drive it on a road-trip to No. Calif. Had I not left town, it'd take me forever to get any break-in miles. As it is, I put almost 400 miles on this past Friday - it's second day of "real life". I'm guessing I'll have the better part of 1,000 miles when I get home next Sunday.

Summary of first experience:

a) Love how quiet it is on the highway, and like the layout of the instrumentation
b) Love the solid feel, and not a squeak or rattle to be found!
c) Am totally happy with the feel of the tranny, shift points, engine braking, etc.
d) Smile every time someone calls when I'm driving and I push the answer button on the steering wheel :thumb:
e) Remote start (factory - not optional) is a fun "show & tell" feature
f) I'm stoked w/ the mpg already
g) pinch me, is this really mine?

Every time I drive it I feel like I'm either in a rental vehicle, or test-driving. I was so happy that I had an opportunity to take it way out of town the very first week of ownership. Mid-week I'm planning a couple of days at North Shore Lake Tahoe, then eventually making my way back to So. Calif. I am enjoying both the Nav and the touch-screen audio. I'm finding that the recognition of the voice tags is very good. There are lots of things to "discover" still in terms of just seeing all of the interior, moving seats, etc. I'm savoring the experince, for sure.

As a note, it has been very valuable for me to have participated on this forum. I've learned so many things that I would otherwise have been unaware of. For example, when the cruise is engaged the tranny also attempts to brake on the downhills. That probably would have puzzled me had I not already read about it.

I do have one question about the '09s. There is what appears to be something like an inition coil (shiny) mounted right up front / top of the engine compartment that I don't recall seeing on the 08's. Did I miss that, or is this new?

Anyways, here are a couple of pics (note my chromed factory 18" wheels).

Smooth[/color] <><

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
All right Smooth[/color]! Looking good, I'd say the wait was worth it, nice review, especially:

g) pinch me, is this really mine?[/color]

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice shine on those wheels, Smooth. You must have been pretty happy with your dealer - that is quite a bit of advertising for them on the front end.
Congrats on taking delivery. :cheers:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Smooth,

Looks great! I know what you mean by the "pinch me" comment. I hope she brings you years of driving joy. I know my wife and I now seem to be coming up with excuses of places to go! ;D
Congrats to you!

AD1

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Ya, really nice looking!! Don't let them there wheels get dirty!! :cheers: Welcome to the enjoyment of actually owning an Acadia!

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Congrats Smooth :cheers: It's about time you got rid of the label of "Longest Membership in Acadia Forum Without Actually Owning One." ;D

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
GeoHawk said:
Congrats Smooth :cheers: It's about time you got rid of the label of "Longest Membership in Acadia Forum Without Actually Owning One." ;D
That's exactly what I was thinking. I think Smooth knows more about the Acadia than most owners and now he can put it to good use.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! :dancing:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Smooth,
Nice ride! Glad to hear you are enjoying it. How did you manage to wait all that additional time to get your wheels back? ??? You're a lot more patient than I would have been! :angel:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GeoHawk said:
Thanks all for the fun comments ;) Yea, this has been a bit of a journey getting to the point of sitting behind the wheel of MY Acadia. In reply to SFmail's question, I've learned that patience can be a really good thing - using it to our own advantage. For example, I keep seeing Envoy's driving around and each time I think how thankful I am that I never pulled the trigger a couple of years ago. This car suits me so well, and now I can't see myself without all of the cool technology improvements that have been applied to the Acadia. Finally, my patience paid me well. The $1,500 rebate applied to my purchase was not available until just a few days before I took delivery. That alone essentially paid for the chrome on my wheels 3 times over! Now that would have seriously bugged me for a year had I missed that by 2 days!

Smooth[/color] <><

1 - 9 of 9 Posts