GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Relative to my April 29th post in the Prices Paid thread, the car arrived @ Robt Woodall GMC in Danville, VA on June 8th. The sales manager, Tim Ryan [434-797-1411], had placed the order on May 3rd. I think that is exceptional, but so was the entire transaction with Tim & this dealership.

I'm an ole' car freak & have done this more times than I'll admit to. I know what I'm doing, & shopping 'hot' Acadias with city dealers got old fast. I'm not paying anywhere close to MSRP for an American car, period. Contacting rural dealers proved quickly successful. Tim's quote to me of $34,200 + T&T on an AWD SLT2 with HUD, HID, & RCA was as good as his method of doing business: straight forward. I cannot recommend him highly enough. To me, the saving was well worth the 200 miles to Danville, and the $51 one way rental.

I have been so pleased with the blessing the Acadia has received in the automotive world. I reluctantly bought my first import ever in 04. I was tired of getting my butt kicked on American residual value, as I change vehicles fairly often; leasing does not work for me. The Acadia is my wifes, who does not change cars that often, so residual becomes less important with time.

I have spent a lot of time learning, programming, and driving this car. It is very nice and solid. Got 23 mpg back from Danville [calculated], 18 in town. It is a very sophisticated vehicle. I pray it proves worthy of all the love when it comes to reliability, but only time will tell. I do not find the transmission offensive. It's a low torque motor w/ a six speed & a high rear end, pushing 4600 lbs: what would one expect? I loved the torque of my 360 Grand Cherokee, but that 11 mpg was less than loveable! The Acadia shows what the Americans are capable of - even my dashboard pop up box works just fine!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Are you serious with the price you paid? That seems awfully low for an SLT-2 AWD w/ the options you have.
Well below what you see as an invoice price on Edmunds. Did that include a trade in?

If that's what you paid, then you got yourself one hell of a deal! Good job.

You'll enjoy the Acadia....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't BS ya, Pipes. After about fifteen minutes of phone 'discussion,' Tim quoted me $35,200 + T&T.
Upon inquiring about Conquest Cash, he said if I brought him a copy of the registration to my 4Runner, it would be $34,200, where we made the deal. I asked him for the bottom line incl. T&T for the check amount & let him know I'd be bringing a certified check in that amount ONLY.
No trade - they muddy clean deals.

I think buyers may be missing an opportunity if they don't 'look to the country.' GMC dealers have been selling trucks to farmers for decades. Check online for GMC dealers, & consider small towns.. I'm telling ya, these city dealers think Acadias are solid gold.

You mentioned the way it was optioned. We specifically avoided the big 4: NAV, DVD, Roofs, & 19" to keep it more affordable. This is the wife's in town car [can't get lost in a five mile radius], doesn't like sunroofs, or watch DVDs, & would only notice wheels if they were all flat.

Thanks, & we are enjoying the Acadia a lot! :thumb:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I agree with the comments about 'country' dealerships. I order my Acadia from a dealer about 60 miles north of Houston. It was late on a Saturday and he could place the order right then so he told me he'd call on Monday after the order was placed.

He called Monday and quoted me a price of 35,200 plus any incentives that might be going on when it delivered. That appeared to be almost $1000 under MSRP. Edmunds price was within $5 of that for a SLT-2 with HUD and towing package. There was no haggling back and forth. That was HIS offer and I felt it was pretty reasonable. I also didn't have to sign anything or place a deposit.

When it got here the Conquest Bonus cash was still going so that took the price to 34,200. Even better.

I also appreciate his sales approach. I asked where the Acadias were, he pointed down the lot and said 'Over there - there's a couple of them open if you want to look inside' and then he let me be. Frankly more salesmen should figure this out - the vehicle sells itself so just back off! He also let us take one out for about a 2 hour test ride. I was already sold but that ride helped convince my wife.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It's great to hear everybody's pleasant dealing with dealers. My wife said she would 'disown me' if I became a car salesman. I love cars and hate when I know more than the salesman. I'm working with a guy here in Woodbridge, VA that is a retired cop and just loves his job. He's patient with me as I ask 400 rhetorical questions (most of which he knows the answer for) and knows my name when I come in the dealership (for the fifth time). He gives no BS and even told me to email the internet sales manager for a lowball price and use that when coming in to see him. I refuse to pay MSRP for anything as well and looks like I'm going to get the deal I want when I do actually buy. Only thing I am waiting on is a decent APR to seal the deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts