GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
My wife and I will be ordering our new acadia in a couple weeks and had a question. The wife really doesnt like Leather at all, so the dealer said we can order the SLT with the options we want and NO Leather, does this sound correct, the online build your own on the GMC website doesnt allow this, so I wanted to check with people here to see what they thought.

BTW, she wants carbon Metallic, AWD, Moonroof, rear audio controls, Convienence Package, Ebony Deluxe Cloth Interier and Trailering Package, I personally want the 19" wheels and heated washer fluid thingy, we will see as the day gets closer, her lease on the Envoy is almost up and the dealer wants us to come in a couple weeks to order what we want exactly. I personally can not wait.

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you are going to order a car why not place the order now so that when her lease is up you won't have to wait as long for your new Acadia? Remember it is taking a few months from order to delivery. Also, if you wait you may be forced into ordering a 2008 model. Perhaps the changes will be good for you perhaps not. I assume the price will increase.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We also wanted an SLT without leather but when we were ordering they said that it was not possible. Not sure if this was true or not but ours is now coming with leather. ???

·
Registered
269 Posts
There were a few things on the GM Workbench screen at the dealership which you don't see online. One is code ABC for the 8-passenger seating, which is what we have coming. I don't remember seeing an option to delete leather, but that doesn't mean it is not there.

In one sense it would be odd though as for each trim level, the seats are not just a material change, but there are other changes to the way the seat moves too. the cloth in SLE is 4-way I think, in SLT1, it is 6-way leather, and in SLT2 it t is 8-way leather with memory and heating. I would be highly surprised if you could get an SLT2 with cloth, memory and heat.

My dealer has no qualms about sending cars off to upholstry shops in town before selling them. He does it to add in-seat DVD, larger drop down screens, sunroof, and said he could get us leather in an SLE if we wanted. I am not crazy about that, I want one that was finished at the factory, thanks very much. But I will say this, my mom's Envoy came from this dealership and they put a fully integrated sunroof in it (uses the right buttons and all, and it looks 100% factory. If I didn't drive it without the sunroof in the first days she had it, I would never have believed it did not come from the factory with the sunroof.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The SLE comes only in cloth. If your wife wants the sunroof, she has to go into the SLT which also comes standard with leather

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, I thought this might be the case which is why I asked here :thumb:
And I must say I am very adament about having the Factory stuff not some sent off for a change out after the fact, so I personally will be ok with the Leather, its the wife that doesnt like it, guess we will see how bad she wants that sun roof, lol I think I can talk her into it.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Just as a kick side note...on Ebay, a dealership in Florida has been trying to sell the cloth overlays for an eight passenger in Light Titanium for a few weeks. Think they wanted $200 for everything from front to back. It apparently was brand new, but a customer opted for leather presumably for their SLE, and thus they are reselling the cloth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts