GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on ordering a 2009 as soon as they put the pricing up. The only problem I am having is the options I want are only on the slt and I did not want leather seats. So my guestions is- those of you that have leather do you have a problem in the summer with them being to hot? And I also thought the lighter color might be cooler but the carpet for the titatium is so light do you find that it get dirty easy?? Is the brick a shade of red? Sorry for all of the questions but I just want to be happy with my order. ONe more questions does anyone know when they will have the pricing online so we can see the invoice for the 09's? Thank you for your help --Future Acadia Owner ???

·
Registered
165 Posts
There are several threads out there on this topic which will answer all your questions. You can used the search bar at the top.

I had leather seats on several cars when I lived in TX and they weren't any hotter.

·
Registered
812 Posts
tinting all your windows helps a lot to lessen the heat during the summer days at the same time lowering your any windows just a an inch after you park to let air pass thru keeps the temp down to a desirable level. One of the cons for opting with the leather seats but its worth it!!!! :thumb:

The Brick red interior looks a bit brownish orange. I opted for it because it look sharp with the carbon Black. I never regreted that decision. Easy to maintain too..... ;D

·
Registered
542 Posts
Not horribly hot up here in Seattle but I had no issues with hot seats and I have the Ebony leather. I liked Titanium but like you figure it would get dirty too fast. I personally did not like the brick. To me the color is like an old basketball.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had the exact same question and everyone said that the leather doesn't get too hot, and color didn't make a difference. They actually said the outside color seems to have more of an effect on the heat of the car. Like, a black car will get hotter than a white car, etc... As far as the brick color, I would just recommend you see it in person before you order it. Many people have it and love it, but my dealer said he has only had 1 person order the brick, and the lady cried when she saw it because she hated it so much. It just wasn't what she was expecting. "Brick" is a vague color name, so you should check out the actual sample before purchasing.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I had the same dilemma when ordering mine. My friend has black leather seats and they are HOT in the summer so I ended up getting the Titanium in hopes that the lighter color would be cooler. So far, I find that the lighter seats are a bit cooler.

They do get dirty easy, but clean up nicely too. So I am happy with the Titanium so far.

The light carpet also gets dirty quick. Every drop of coffee and soda is a new spot. But again, it cleans up easily and looks good. I'm happy with that too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just wanted to thank everyone for their help. There are so many decisions to make. I really like the Titanium seats. Now I just need to find out when they are going to release the prices. I thought you could start ordering now so I don't understand how you can order if they haven't release the price. Thanks again

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've had leather seats in my last four vehicles. The ebony seats in my Acadia aren't that uncomfortable after an afternoon in the sun (OT up to 95 deg), and seem no hotter than my previous tan, blue, and gray leather seats.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
cdolvin said:
I just wanted to thank everyone for their help. There are so many decisions to make. I really like the Titanium seats. Now I just need to find out when they are going to release the prices. I thought you could start ordering now so I don't understand how you can order if they haven't release the price. Thanks again
I ordered my 08 in early June last year before they had pricing. I was paying flat invoice minus discounts, so I really did not care what the price was, I just ordered the options I wanted based on the 07 pricing. I also hoped that competition would keep them from increasing the price too much. And finally, my dealer told me flat out that when it came in, if I did not want it any longer that they would just put it out for general stock. So it was not that big of a risk.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You can get air conditioned seats with perforated leather for 2009 but only on the SLT2. I think cost will be close to $1000.
I feel regular leather seats are hotter than cloth.

·
Registered
262 Posts
MKA said:
You can get air conditioned seats with perforated leather for 2009 but only on the SLT2. I think cost will be close to $1000.
I feel regular leather seats are hotter than cloth.
$1000....? Yikes, I hope you are wrong on that number, for my sake. I have ordered an 09 with that option and certainly do not expect them to be that much... Are you just guessing or do you have some inside info?

·
Registered
427 Posts
We just went through a weekend with temps in the high-90's each day, and to be honest, I had no issues with the Ebony leather seats. They were plenty comfortable.

If you're getting an SLT anyway, do yourself a favor and opt for the remote starter. This way, you don't have to worry about it at all! Just remote-start the car about 2 minutes before you get in, and it'll be nice and cool.

The remote start in the Acadia is absolutely AWESOME. It adjusts the climate control so the car will be either cooling off in the summer, or heating up in the winter. Well, well, well worth the few hundred $$$ in my opinion!

We had one installed aftermarket in our Nissan Altima (which we traded in for the Acadia, BTW)... it was nice to have in the winter, but you always had to remember to leave the heat controls turned all the way up. It also couldn't start the defrosters, or the A/C, since they are both momentary push-button controls, so it wasn't much good in the summer.

The Acadia's remote start does all of that, so it's a real win. I love it!

·
Registered
20 Posts
dmurphy said:
The remote start in the Acadia is absolutely AWESOME. It adjusts the climate control so the car will be either cooling off in the summer, or heating up in the winter. Well, well, well worth the few hundred $$$ in my opinion!

The Acadia's remote start does all of that, so it's a real win. I love it!
I completely agree. I love the remote start on mine. It does come in handy in any season. Well worth the extra money.

BB

·
Registered
262 Posts
And down here closer to the equator with a heat index of 112 a common occurence during the summer we need all the ammo we can get: remote start, tinted windows, and even cooled seats.

I "pity da fool" who thinks he can just remote start his vehicle for a couple of minutes in the summer time down here and think it'll be nice and cooled off when he climbs in his ride. ;D

·
Registered
62 Posts
The list price of the perforated heated and air conditioned leather seats on the 2008 Buick Lucerne is $895.00 so I figure the Acadia price for that option will be similar.

·
Registered
262 Posts
MKA said:
The list price of the perforated heated and air conditioned leather seats on the 2008 Buick Lucerne is $895.00 so I figure the Acadia price for that option will be similar.
Oy......that's what I get for ordering the options before seeing the prices. MKA, that was a good idea to correlate it back to a current GM vehicle with that option.

After digging around on the Buick website, it looks like the remote start feature does not activate the cooled seats.....only the heated seats. Seems like you have to wait until your key is inserted to be able to activate the cooled seats. I'm gonna be dissapointed if that's the case; it's HOT down here. Maybe, just maybe, they'll integrate both features into the auto climate control module and therefore make the appropriate selection for you when you start from the FOB....

This should be fun explaining to the wife.... :banghead:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey JonTon

Thanks for the info about the cooled seats not coming on until the key is inserted. That kind of defeats a lot of the purpose for me. I ordered a 2009 last week and was still debating about the cooled seats as it sounded like I had some time to change my order yet.
If you have decided you don't want the a/c seats I think your dealer could still change your order.

·
Registered
262 Posts
MKA said:
Hey JonTon

Thanks for the info about the cooled seats not coming on until the key is inserted. That kind of defeats a lot of the purpose for me. I ordered a 2009 last week and was still debating about the cooled seats as it sounded like I had some time to change my order yet.
If you have decided you don't want the a/c seats I think your dealer could still change your order.
I might have to do that....not sure just yet. I'm gonna have to try and do some more research. I sure hope they do it the right way and make it activate via the FOB... We've got to move some of these car designers down south for a little perspective. ;D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts