GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I went to the Motor Trend international auto show last week and I found out something I thought you all might like to know. They had an SLT-2 there with the cooled leather seats, and I saw something that surprised me. The 2nd row captains chairs had more REAL leather covering them than on my SLT-1. On mine, they only used real leather in the center sections of the seat back and bottoms. The side bolsters on the back and bottom and the upper corners (where the shoulder blades would touch) are all color match vinyl. On that SLT-2 those areas were all real leather. Of course all of the headrests and the entire rear bench seat are vinyl on both models. The leather also seemed to be a slightly higher quality leather to the touch, than on my SLT-1. I knew that the SLT-2 had the perforated leather, but I was surprised to see the increased use of leather on that model. Did any one else notice this?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been looking at both the SLT-1 and SLT-2 at a local dealer and have not noticed, but I will check my next visit. Hey, when you were at the Auto Show was GM handing out any auto show rebate coupons?

·
Registered
423 Posts
alphadog1 said:
They had an SLT-2 there with the cooled leather seats, and I saw something that surprised me. The 2nd row captains chairs had more REAL leather covering them than on my SLT-1.
I did not notice that when we test drove an 09 SLT2. Heck I don't even remeber if the 2nd row bench was leather on the SLT-2. Anyone with an 8 seater SLT-2 09 here?

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
My 2009 SLT-2 8-seater has leather seats in the second row, as far as I can tell. The third row seats are folded down, so I haven't checked them. The perforated seats are an extra-cost option, I believe.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rctrex said:
I have been looking at both the SLT-1 and SLT-2 at a local dealer and have not noticed, but I will check my next visit. Hey, when you were at the Auto Show was GM handing out any auto show rebate coupons?
Since I had already bought ours, I really didn't notice any coupons there at all, but I can say that we weren't offered any by the salesman there, but that may be because we informed him we were recent purchasers of the vehicle too :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts