GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
My first post to the forum. I have a 2012, 3.6L Acadia and noticed it has been slowly leaking transmission fluid from the case. I'm not 100% certain that's where it's originating from, but am having difficulties tracking it down. Is this a common problem with them, and if so, does anyone know common failure points (i.e. transmission lines). Thanks in advance!!!

·
Super Moderator
22,413 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
You'll probably have to thoroughly clean the transmission case to find the leak. Check for fluid leaks at the axle shafts, where parts of the case are bolted together, and at points where lines are attached to the unit. If nothing is visible at those locations, the leak may be hidden from view at the torque converter seal. There's a slim possibility that the case casting itself is leaking.

·
Super Moderator
22,413 Posts
Also, check the drain plug, TEHCM cover gasket, and TCM plug seal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies! I just replaced the front y pipe in it the other day and while I was doing that, I noticed a small droplet of transmission fluid forming at the front corner of the case (radiator side). I have heard the metal crimps on the lines often fail. I agree, I am going to clean the heck out of it so it will be easier to try and see where it's coming from...hold my beer, hahaha

·
Super Moderator
22,413 Posts
... I have heard the metal crimps on the lines often fail. ...
I would say that's a fairly rare occurrence, but possible none the less. Quick connects or flair fittings would be more likely the place where a leak would happen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts