GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I created a burned CD that contains a few top level folders, one for each album on the CD. There are probably about 10 or 15 top level folders, with an average of 10 to 12 songs in each directory. If I put that CD into the player, it will properly play it. BUT, if I hit the "folder" button on the screen, it goes into a "scanning disc" mode that takes forever. I haven't officially timed it, but it takes far longer to do the scanning than it should. I mean, minutes? that's just crazy.

I was talking with the dealer and they didn't have any info. In fact, they suggested in a roundabout way that maybe I had created the CD incorrectly. I supposed that could be true, but since there is very little info in the manual on any requirements for the CD, it makes it hard to know.

Anyone else experienced this? If you haven't, can you share how you created your CD?

-tim

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone know how to report bugs to GMC? Is there a magic phone number I can call, like a "tech support" line?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same thing happen with audio files I burnt onto a DVD disc. Similar to the original author of this chain, I organized all the songs within "album" folders. There was a total of approx 20 folders with about 10 songs in each one.

I assumed it was just a lot of data for the reader to process, especially since that is not its main function. Maybe a quad core processor from a slick computer would help. These ancillary items seem to become more important as auto makers try to differentiate, but it just never seems to happen as fast as we want it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts