GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a minor, but annoying, rattle rear it's head yesterday at highway speeds. It is in the headliner between the front sunroof and dome light assembly (I do not have DVD entertainment). I first thought it might be the "roller" mechanism that holds the front sunroof screen, but the rattle is the same regardless of whether the sunscreen is pulled out or stowed. I can press up on the headliner just in front of the dome light assembly and it stops. It is not the dome light assembly itself, but sounds like something just in front of it. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issue and had it fixed so I can give the service dept a heads-up on what to do. If not, I may just ask them to stuff some insulation material in there, or I may do it myself.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have noticed it too. I think it has something to do with the sunroof. There is a small metal bar at the front of the sunroof that pops up when the roof is open. I am thinking that is what is rattling when the roof is closed but I cannot be sure. Seems like if I open the sunroof and then close it again the sound goes away for a while.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guess I should have been more specific. It is in the headliner area between the REAR of the sunroof and the 2nd row dome light assembly.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I do not have a sunroof and an overhead dvd and neither do i have a rattle when i'm travelling BUT i do feel a rattle in a car wash. I always go through a touchless car wash and once that blasting water goes over the roof, I can feel the rattle around the dome light area and not elsewhere...maybe it is the area you would like to look into.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the exact same thing. Took it into the dealer and drove with the service manager to prove it. They took it for a day to fix it. Turns out that several of the adhesive points were missing. They seemed to have fixed it as I haven't heard it for the last 5k miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts