GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to stop by a dealership to look briefly at the Acadia for the first time. I say briefly because it was dirt cold outside and I was with my 3 year old daughter. We have 3 children so I am especially interested in the ability to get kids in and out of car seats. I like the captains chair option because it make the 3rd row accessable when car seats are already installed in the second row.

Here is my question, say one has installed a car seat in the second row captains chair and one wants to slide the whole seat forward or backward. Is there a way to slide the seat forward or backward on the rails WITHOUT the back of the seat leaning forward? I hope so, because I don't want to have to take out the car seat every time I want to slide the captains chair forward or aft.

Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw that handle, the big one on side. But that handle immediately allowed the seatback to lean forward before allowing the seat to slide. This would not be good because the carseat would block the seatback from moving forward, thus not allowing the seat to slide fore or aft.

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Different handle, Olicat. The big handle at the bottom of the seat cushion (on the side) sllides the seat fore and aft but does not release the seat back. The upper handle on the side of the back rest does that, for folding the seat. There is also a loop handle for adjusting the seat back. Three different seat adjustment mechanisms in all.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
GaryB is exactly right. We have a car seat in our capts chair and it's very easy to slide it back and forth. We basically keep in all the way back to make it as easy as possible getting the kiddo into and out of her seat, but it can be slid forward a few notches when we need to sit someone in the 3rd row or drop them flat to haul something (the 3rd row seats are a very tight fit - but can be pushed flat with some effort - when the 2nd row seats are all the way back.) But with the capts all the way back, there is a LOT of legroom. It's basically overkill 99% of the time...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wonderful! Now I understand. As I mentioned, it was very cold and windy the day I looked so I only noticed the one big handle. 3 adjusting handles makes sense. I should have known that the Acadia designer folks would have thought of this.

Thanks for all of your help. Problem solved!

·
Registered
74 Posts
ollicat said:
Here is my question, say one has installed a car seat in the second row captains chair and one wants to slide the whole seat forward or backward. Is there a way to slide the seat forward or backward on the rails WITHOUT the back of the seat leaning forward? I hope so, because I don't want to have to take out the car seat every time I want to slide the captains chair forward or aft.
We noticed that there's plenty of room between the captains for our kids to get to the 3rd row without needing to slide the 2nd row. Our solution was to slide one 2nd row seat all the way back, allowing 2 of our kids to slip in past it (and the car seat) and walk to the back row.

·
Registered
112 Posts
garco 57 said:
Yes we keep ours slid back so the grand daughter can't kick the back of the seat.
I can still here my father's voice on many a road trip while growing up Him-"Quit kicking my seat!" Me-"Put the cigarette out or roll down the window!)

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
dchillrat said:
I can still here my father's voice on many a road trip while growing up Him-"Quit kicking my seat!" Me-"Put the cigarette out or roll down the window!)
LOL, when I first read that, I mistook that for the two phrases he used to yell at you as a child! :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts