GMC Acadia Forum banner

Sliding 2nd Row bench?

12K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  underdog 
Yes it does. It is a 60/40 bench with the left and middle sliding separately from the right side.

LATCH on Second Row Bench

First- to the person considering it for the smart slide feature alone-- this is HUGE!! I was looking at the Equinox when I stumbled on the Acadia and saw the sliding rear bench in it as well. We were shopping for a car with more room to get my girl in and out of her carseat as well as the added plus (if possible) of relieving by back of being pushed on by a 2 year old. As it turned out, the Equinox had the seat room too (it slides), but my wife felt it was too much of a step down from her current vehicle. Minivans gave more room and it was easier to get the kid in, but many of them still would allow for little legs to push on the back of dada's chair. Enter the Acadia- it leaves her legs dangling, it is completely comfortable for me (a big 6' guy) in the back seat.

Now my question (mine is on order with bench)-- I see from the user guide that there is a top tether in the middle position of the back seat. For the two lower anchors on the kid seat (forward facing toddler), if I put it in the middle, will both sides be able to be anchored on the 60% portion of the bench? I am wondering if putting a seat in the middle will still allow for the passenger 2nd row position to be slid up to allow access to the third row. The user manual indicates only the two side seats have the two lower anchors-- and if it was a fixed bench, this would be fine as the center could use just those anchors-- but the graphic does not indicate if there is an anchor near the split which stays with the 60% portion.

Thanks!

admin said:
In fact, according to my dealer (so take this with a grain of salt), both the captains chairs and the bench share the exact same rail mounts. This means, in theory, the seats are interchangeable. The dealer we were working with had the exact Acadia we wanted on the lot expect for the middle row seats (it had bench, we needed capts). He first said they could swap them out for us, but when he checked, the only other 2 Acadias they had were different interior colors, so no go. Still, it's an interesting possibility that may someday help someone get exactly what they need without having to order.
I was thinking this would be logical, but I did go out toa dealer today to specicially check the 2nd row bench. Granted it was an Outlook, but I am pretty sure that is the same. The rails do have different placement for the 2nd row bench. For the 60% bench, one rail is similar placement to the captain on the left side, but the other rail is under the middle section, clearly to the right of where the captain's chairs would be.

Now under the floormats, it may very well be easily changable, and I would guess that the unibody is the same, so it is a matter of reconfiguration, but it could be welded in place, and even if it is not, the dealer reconfiguring it might not get all those bolts as tight as the factory did. I would recommend if you want bench, to get it ordered or transported to you-- don't go with the dealer doing some reconfig. (I actually had a dealer suggest going with the base model if it had the options we wanted and then get the seats done in leather by a local shop to save money. No thanks! Besides we wanted MemorySeats even more than leather, and you have to go SLT2 for that)

On my question above about the lower LATCH anchors being there for the middle of the 2nd row bench,, they are nowhere to be found. If you want to put a kid seat in the middle (and it would be tight), you are going to have to use the seatbelt, oh well, my little girl won't have a center seat for the Wiggles after all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.