GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased 2 chrome shells for the side mirrors that look awesome. They have a spot cut out for the turning signals for the cars that have them. I don’t. I purchased 20 white LED lights and plan to drill out small holes and solder them all together and tie them into the turning signal.

What i would like to know is does GMC wire all the cars the same and then add the extra features (IE. turning signals). What I’m hoping is the turning signal wire has already been ran through the wiring harness in the door.

Does anyone know?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I am almost positive (95% sure) that you can add turn signals; the wiring should be there. The only thing you can't add is power folding. Try and search for side mirrors; there is a thread about this somewhere.

·
Registered
423 Posts
funbobbybaby69 said:
I have purchased 2 chrome shells for the side mirrors that look awesome. They have a spot cut out for the turning signals for the cars that have them. I don’t. I purchased 20 white LED lights and plan to drill out small holes and solder them all together and tie them into the turning signal.

What i would like to know is does GMC wire all the cars the same and then add the extra features (IE. turning signals). What I’m hoping is the turning signal wire has already been ran through the wiring harness in the door.

Does anyone know?

Thanks
sounds like a lot of work, why not amber led's? let us know how it goes...
and they are wired the same in 07 and 08 unless you have a fleet car. the wiring is limited and is by car basis.

·
Registered
101 Posts
funbobbybaby69 said:

Does anyone know?

Thanks

I upgraded my wife's '07 SLE with sideview mirrors from an SLT. The thread associated with this is: http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=5142.0

I found that the wiring was already in the door, but you would have to run some wires to the mirrors to light the blinkers. I'm not sure if you have more to do than just solder the LED's together and then to some wire leads. You might need a resistor and/or a diode, also.

Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts