GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE READ THE OTHER POSTS, BUT I HAVE A QUESTION THAT SEEMS TO NOT GET AN ANSWER. I HAVE A SLE WITHOUT DUAL CLIMATE. THERE IS NO SPOT FOR THE DIC. BUT HERE IS THE QUESTION:

IN THE WIPER/TRAC CONTROL MODULE CONNECTOR, THERE ARE 9 WIRES (ONE OF WHICH IS A PURPLE AND WHITE) BUT THERE ARE ONLY 6 PINS ON THE MODULE. SO, IS THERE MAYBE A DIC/TRAC/WIPER MODULE THAT MOUNTS THERE IN ADDITION. THERE IS NO OTHER LOOSE CONNECTOR LIKE OTHERS HAVE STATED WITH THE DUAL CLIMATE. SO THE IDEA THAT ALL WIRING HARNESSES ARE THE SAME HAS NOW BEEN DEBUNKED! DOES ANYONE HAVE A BASE SLE WITH DIC DOWN THERE(JUST IN FRONT OF THE SHIFTER)? IF THERE IS, I AM SURE THERE IS A PART NUMBER I CAN FIND. I HAVENT SEEN ANY PICS YET OF A SLE SINGLE CLIMATE WITH DIC. I COULD HAVE MISSED THE THREAD, BUT I HAVE BEEN LOOKING. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP :angel:.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Shram,

I think the only people that have added the DIC buttons have been those that have an SLE with the dual climate control. I think the assumption is that the wiring harnesses are different for those with the single climate control, but that no one has a definitive answer at this point in time.

Good luck,
K

·
Registered
22 Posts
Shram,

Did you ever make any progress? I have the SLE without dual climate control as well and am wondering if it is possible to add the DIC.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not too much help on this end as I had the dual climate control and installed the DIC with no issues. The one thing I may offer if you haven't already read is the connection was taped to the climate controls and the connector itself was brown. The climate controls were colored (don't quote me as I didn't pay too much attention) green, blue and red for the driver, passenger controls and A/C display window. If you have a brown connector hanging there, I would put money on that being for the DIC. If not ask the maintenance guys and they can give you a clue, maybe.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have a SLE. My wiring very clearly says MANUAL on it and there is no connector. I bought the DIC buttons but took them back when there was no where to plug it in. There is a picture of my wiring posted in another thread.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I to am wondering the same thing I just ordered an 09 SLE with manual control for climate and am interested in the DIC I will miss that in the Acadia as we had it in teh 05 Montana and loved all teh functionality it added and we were able to keep track of with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you looked at this post (I found alot of information in it)..... I am a new '08 SLE owner myself, my 07 Silverado has the full DIC and would like to add it to my Acadia (Shouldn't be hard for mine..it is equipped w/ the tri zone climate and the RSE w/ Bose)

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1631.0

·
Registered
912 Posts
Well we have our DIC switches and our wiring harness. We are not having it installed until we return from holidays at the end of Oct so look for the post with pics etc early in Nov.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts