GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I have checked out the 2007 Acadia, and for the most part we prefer the base SLE model with some of the options added. Unfortunately, one feature that it appears that we can't add to the SLE model is the Driver Information Center (DIC).

We realize that the SLT-1 comes with the DIC, but doing that means purchasing a vehicle with the "Premium" Bose sound system. I'm sorry, but Bose has some of the most overpriced audio equipment around, and the Bose sound system in the SLT-1 was dreadful to listen to today.

I know the feeling first-hand because I have a "Premium" Bose sound system in my 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, and it does not bring much enjoyment to my music listening.

Is there a way to order the base SLE model of the Acadia and have the DIC added to the vehicle (at whatever cost)? The alternative is buying the SLT-1 and replacing the Bose sound system, but that is not a very cost-effective option.

Thanks,

Michael

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Wow, I don't have an answer to your question, but I'm shocked to hear you didn't like the stereo in the SLT1. I have the "premium BOSE" system in my Infiniti and it's junk (sadly), but the one in our SLT1 is fantastic! With a DVD in, it rivals my four digit home theater audio system! Bose or not, it kicks some serious ***.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, we returned to the dealer to listen to the Bose system again. Since no one was pressuring us (sounds like the Acadia sells iteself), I figured out the miriad of stereo buttons and found the bass/midrange/treble controls. Managed to make the system sound decent, better than my 1999 Grand Prix's Bose system.

But the Bose audition brought on another revelation. My wife decided that she really liked the SLT-1 over the SLE model. The leather seats are firm and comfortable, and the entire interior seems more plush and upscale compared to the SLE's interior. So, we decided to order the Acadia SLT-1 (if not for 2007, then 2008) and live with the Bose system.

There are features available on the SLT-1 that we decided we needed to have that couldn't be added to the SLE, like the leather seating and the driver information center, plus it comes with some other features we were going to add to the SLE model anyway. Worst case scenario is we replace the Bose speakers later on if we decide that we really do hate them.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Good move, and yes that sounds like the best decision. You wouldn't want to even try adding something like the DIC, and as is, with a new car it's always best just to go with the OEM version of what works best for you. May not be perfect, but as you said, simpler things like speakers and such can be changed if need be later on--just cover the biggies from the start, and have them there.

Of course, the SLT-1 can also have much better equipment, such as the signal mirrors, heated leather, and power liftgate among other little things--all not available on the SLE, however nice it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts