GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have an SLE and the non-Bose OEM speakers suck big time! I'm looking at some aftermarket speakers from crutchfield. Has anyone replaced their speakers before? Difficult?

·
Registered
730 Posts
CHECK THIS. Similar to mine but I got the Polk components up front.
There are other threads like this...can't find them, though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had mine replaced at a local stereo shop and had the doors done with Dynamat at the same time. Sound from the doors is now pretty tight.

It's not important what speakers I used because ANYTHING sounds better than the OEM's.

Now get an amp for those new speakers to really brighten things up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i replaced mine over the weekend, I'm pretty good at car audio so i just took a dremel and made the speakers i bought fit in the bracket with a few cuts and tape foam and it sounds great, not to hard, you have 3 30 torx in the doors and one Phillips screw, buy the tool to remove the door panels so you don't pop anything, and start at the opening and work you way to the left, if you lay on the ground you can see it better, took me about 2 hours for all speakers but remember that the darker speaker wires will be your negatives, i went with 200 watt pioneers for my doors, not doing a sub mainly because this is my family car but definitely will be pushing an amp to the doors.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Did you do the front doors? If so, did you use spacers? If no spacers, be very careful rolling down the windows because they may hit your speakers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
yes i did the front doors as well, no problem with spacing, i cut around the metal of the actual speaker to have it sit flush with the factory mount

1 - 6 of 6 Posts