GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone can tell me what upgrades I can do to my SLE? and where I maybe able to purchase them.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I have done so far window tint for the front windows and HID aftermarket low beams and I am going to be doing the DIC upgrade when I get back from my holidays in Oct and I am also doing a steering wheel upgrade to a leather wrapped wheel with radio controls.

·
Registered
134 Posts
DSNY FN said:
DIC upgrade when I get back from my holidays in Oct and I am also doing a steering wheel upgrade to a leather wrapped wheel with radio controls.
DIC Upgrade? What could you possibly do to the DIC? I'm interested.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am curious where you are getting the DIC and steering wheel, I know those are two things i would like to add to my SLE.

·
Registered
423 Posts
check on a search for dic upgrade and you will find the part number for the button and instructions for installation. super easy to do.

·
Registered
912 Posts
We ordered the DIC switches and wiring from GMPARTS DIRECT for way way less than it was going to be at teh dealer and the steering wheel I picked up at the wreckers for 80 bucks.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Ya I just happened across it so I nabbed it up quick.

·
Registered
912 Posts
kisaacson said:
Do you happen to know the part number for the DIC?
I have it at home so I will have to look it up for you I am at work now.

·
Registered
61 Posts
DSNY FAN
Have you installed the steering wheel yet? I have tried what you are thinking of doing and I could not get it to work. I purchased a leather wrapped steering wheel off of ebay from an Enclave. All the wiring hooked up correctly and the stereo buttons illuminated but they would not control the radio. I tested all of the switches with a multi-meter and they all checked out. The cruise buttons all worked fine but not the radio ones. I am really curious what you find out.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I'm pretty sure that a module, perhaps the radio, would need to be reprogrammed to know to use those buttons.

·
Registered
428 Posts
a radio out of a vehicle that has the steering wheel controls might fix that problem.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I have my installer doing this for me he has done a few of them from Equinox and Torrent to an Outlook and Acadia and even a few Montna minivans so I am sure he will get it working for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts