GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 08 Acadia and I just noticed that the dome light doesn't come on when I open the door. Is this normal??

·
Registered
730 Posts
Re: Dome light

Try pressing the square button on top of the Instrument Panel Brigthness control knob.

·
Registered
362 Posts

eztarget said:
Check and make sure you got four tires too! :p (I kid)
Mine came with 5. ;D

·
Registered
25 Posts

Been there, done that.
Same thing with the power liftgate switch. Easy to shut it off and then wonder why it does not work.

·
Registered
362 Posts

Smokey Bear said:
Same thing with the power liftgate switch. Easy to shut it off and then wonder why it does not work.
Ours was turned off when we came to pick up our Acadia. I didn't even know there was an Off switch.

·
Registered
30 Posts

I had the same problem with the dome lights...the button is very stealth, the marking looks like it is for the knob that adjusts the brightness...hard to tell there is another switch there.

·
Registered
20 Posts

me2 :banghead:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

Thanks to this forum, I had read about it B4 getting mine. What a great resource!!

·
Registered
5 Posts

I have been trying to figure this one out myself regarding turning on and off the dome light. Its the "square button" that you push in and out and not the knob. Thanks all for your help. Much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts

DP said:
I have been trying to figure this one out myself regarding turning on and off the dome light. Its the "square button" that you push in and out and not the knob. Thanks all for your help. Much appreciated.
Yeah, the square button is the dome lamp override that keeps the lights from coming on when the doors are open. The knob adjusts the dash lighting brightness and when turned all the way to the right turns on all the interior lights.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Just got our 09 home tonight and noticed the cargo area is not lit by the dome lights if the 3rd seat is up. There are 2 lamp lens in the tail gate. Should these tail gate lights work? This is a SLE with a standard manual lift gate.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts

Good question; I would think they should work regardless of the position of the 3rd row seat. Congrats on the new ride and let us know what you come up with

·
Registered
540 Posts

wstone said:
Just got our 09 home tonight and noticed the cargo area is not lit by the dome lights if the 3rd seat is up. There are 2 lamp lens in the tail gate. Should these tail gate lights work? This is a SLE with a standard manual lift gate.

I checked my 09 SLT2 with power gate and the 3rd row and two lights on gate are on with the 3rd row seats in the up or down position. If all of the domes are off they need to be turned on at the headlight switch. The dealer usually have them turned off. I hope this helps.

Bobby

·
Registered
1,048 Posts

I checked my 09 SLT2 with power gate and the 3rd row and two lights on gate are on with the 3rd row seats in the up or down position. If all of the domes are off they need to be turned on at the headlight switch. The dealer usually have them turned off. I hope this helps.

Bobby
[/quote]

That's true. Mine were off when I bought it. Why do the dealers turn them off? It seems like they would want them on so people that are not online to the forum don't bug them about their lights not working.

·
Registered
533 Posts

It may be out of habit. There are timers now that prevent battery run-down, but there used to be lots of dead batteries due to dome lights left on.

Smooth[/color] <><

·
Registered
1,048 Posts

Interesting. Thanks, Smooth!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks for all the info. I'm guessing this option is not available on the SLE models. I've tried everything and can't get the lights in the cargo gate to come on. All 3 dome lights are operating as described in the owners manual. If someone has access to tech info could they verify this option is not on the SLE models.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

wstone said:
Thanks for all the info. I'm guessing this option is not available on the SLE models. I've tried everything and can't get the lights in the cargo gate to come on. All 3 dome lights are operating as described in the owners manual. If someone has access to tech info could they verify this option is not on the SLE models.

Thanks again!
WSTONE, I updated the thread title of this, I am hoping some SLE owners will see the title and be willing to check there vehicles to see if this is normal for SLE's or if there is a problem with yours. Hope you don't mind.[/color]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts