GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing personal

Just SS#, address, etc. Just kidding.

Just wanted to see what market we are talking about that will be driving thw Acadia and frequenting the board.

Joe
Married, 1 kid
NY,NY

Share as much or as little as you like.

;D

·
Registered
626 Posts
Joe Also
49 & holding=50
6 kids, only 2 still home @17 years old-own cars
2 grandkids
Lower Central Florida/ Hurricane X Roads

02 PT Dream Cruzer #4591 Inca Gold
03 Expedition EB 4X4
01 Kawasaki Vulcan Drifter (yea the one that looks like an old Indian)
Waiting on a just right 07 Acadia

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Stacy (sorry guys, I'm male. don't hit on me ;))
Married, 1 kid (25 months old) & a second due in May
Northern VA (DC area)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Female

Age - (did you read the female part above??)

3 kids - (ages 2-10) that why I need the bench 2nd row - so they can each take a friend!!

Indiana (it's COLD here!!)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Great site!

I'm 31 married with a 3.5 year old and one due in early June. I am turning in my Montero Sport because it is too small and has 112,000 miles on it. Ordered an SLT-1 Charcoal with Ebony interior last Friday and can't wait until it arrives.

I was about to purchase either pathfinder or Acura MDX. Acura remake is horrid and the Pathfinder is too truckie. Never thought I would say this, but this is the first domestic vehicle I will own!

Good job GM!

·
Registered
182 Posts
30/male/NW Alabama...

1 5 year old and 1 due in April....we need more room for the latest bundle of joy and the grandparents if they want to tag along....

We sold the Montero Sport and purchased a Deep Blue Metallic/Titanium SLE. After looking at Tahoes, Odysseys, and Siennas, we came very close to getting an Odyssey, but then we test drove the Acadia. We originally wanted a SLT-1 with options, but our local dealer had this one, which was the color my wife wanted, during the 0% financing promotion. So, we took it....:)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Great new site!

Sam
SW Fla.
Married
Just the 2 of us + dog

Selected an Acadia that local dealer had already ordered for stock, but not sure when it would be in. Actually only had to wait one week. Love the car! Traded an '04 Caddy SRX for the Acadia. I think the Acadia is a MUCH better car than the SRX---and less $. New car delivered on Jan. 31 and so far, it is wonderful! Still learning about all the "toys"!

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Kelly (male)
3 teenagers (pity me, please), ages 15, 16 and 18
Salt Lake City, Utah

I currently drive a 2002 Acura MDX. My wife drives a 2002 Lexus RX300. My 18-year-old daughter drives a 2003 Honda Civic Coupe. My 16-year-old son is still on his learner's permit.

I ordered a silver SLT-1 Acadia about two weeks ago (January 19).

·
Registered
360 Posts
Adam Boca
Age 27
Married (Acadia owner)
1 kid on the way...April 3rd is the due date...
Bowling Green, KY

I own a 2000 Corvette, wife has a 69 Vette, trying to sell a 2006 Jetta TDI...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Jack
South shore of Lake Erie
Married (Kids out of the nest and better off than we are!)

We love to play outdoors and need room to haul our toys around, bikes, skis, etc.
Have had minivans, but want something sportier. Hope to retire later this year and need a vehicle that can be our home away from home, and still get good mileage.
We were running out of options till the Acadia came on the scene. Now it looks like just the ticket! :)

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Lance

Age - turning 39 this weekend
Married, 3 kids ages 15, 12, 8

I drive an '01 Nissan Pathfinder.
Wife drives a '97 Dodge Grand Caravan.

Likely to replace the van with an Acadia within the next 6-12 mos!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Excellent forum--esp as a new start up!

Chuck (forum name is my license plate number past 30 years)
Yorktown, Va

56 - retired 13 wonderful months!

I drive a 2003 BMW Sterling Gray M5 and a 05 Silver Harley Road King Classic

1-4-2007 Ordered an 2007 SLT-2, Deep Blue, Titanium, MSRP $41K--(Paying $37 after discounts)

Replacing my wife's 2002 Silver Acura MDX Touring/Nav (looked at 07 [email protected] $47K--no discounts)

Dealer said 10 weeks (Mar 15)--called last week and said will be here approx 15 Feb (4 weeks early)
I assume GM is inserting some "pre-sold" orders in front of the the dealer "speculative inventory" orders.

My wife's only complaint was the "Bright Red GMC" on nose is too masculine--
I told her it means " G[/color]rand-M[/color]a's-C[/color]ar"
-- Problem solved! (we have 4 grand children)

Looking forward to using Acadia to tow Harley to Florida this winter, and out West this summer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Corrie
Female
1 daughter, 2nd due in May
VA

My hubby started this site - and may actually be more excited about my new Acadia than I am. But I get to drive it every day!! ;D

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
corkyo said:
Corrie
Female
1 daughter, 2nd due in May
VA

My hubby started this site - and may actually be more excited about my new Acadia than I am.  But I get to drive it every day!!  ;D
Ha,ha. You had to rub it in that you drive it everyday!!!

That's great.  : )

·
Registered
19 Posts
Gayla

39 and holding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Single

Retired

Texas

Being driving a 02 Yukon and looking for a change, did a test drive and was sold. Ordering one soon

·
Registered
597 Posts
Jim - 49 and holding also (the ''real" 49) ;)

Single, no kids, still hoping ?

Drive an '87 S-10 Blazer (to be kept)

Will likely buy SLT-2 end of year. Can't wait.

Santa Barbara, CA

Where are all the other californian's on this site ??

·
Registered
619 Posts
This busts the demographics posted so far....

Bob, 47
Falls Church, VA & Lost River, WV on weekends
Partnered 15 years to Steve, 48
No kids, 2 dogs (Captain's chairs would give them each private seats!)

Replacing an aging Audi Allroad almost 7 years old and upcoming maintenance costs = new car payments. Love the car, but can't justify expense anymore. Keeping the 02 VW Cabrio GLX 5 speed manual...way too much fun.

Want SLT-2 AWD, NAV, HID, HUD, ... almost loaded but not sure we need rear DVD...what will the dogs watch?
Really want iPod full integration!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi Everyone. My name is Linda and I'm a mid 40's homemaker heavily involved with son's school activities. New to forums but son got me into this one. (Son 1, Anthony) So most of the posting on here will probably be his.

Live in the hills of Roanoke, VA, originally from MI. Have 2 sons, 20 & 18. We don't need as much room as the Eddie has and fell in love with the Acadia and the "just right" feel. Had my eye on a SLT 2, nicely equipped but reality of 2 college tuitions put an end to that! We ordered a SLE AWD blue-gold, Preferred pkg., cargo pkg., trailering, 6 cd. Just enough. Ordered this on 1/13 and still have no word on production week. Bummer :( We will post more when we hear more and pictures when we are proud "parents".

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi everyone....this is a great and friendly forum. I love how everyone is so helpful here. I recently joined the old forum and moved over here when this one opened.

I'm Louise...single, forty-something, no kids except for my dog. ;D
I live in a suburb of the Motor City...and there seems to be a shortage of Acadias
on the road here too! I have yet to see one other than on dealer lots.
I currently drive a silver 2004 Bonneville (previously drove a Gran Prix).
I was looking for a crossover SUV for my next car...originally was looking at
the Equinox or Torrent. But I didn't like the looks of them on the inside.
Then I read about the Acadia and I was hooked! So much classier looking!
My lease expires in May so I've got a few months to go. Hope to get out to the
dealer for a test drive soon. I was interested in the Blue-Gold (loved the way it looked in Motor Trend). But will wait until a few members get theirs so I can see what it really looks like! ;)

1 - 20 of 119 Posts