Premium Member
14,870 Posts
How nice; yet another promising company shot to he#$%

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
jsimms said:
How nice; yet another promising company shot to he#$%
No kidding. Nice job Sirius. Buy up XM and then go bankrupt. ::)

I live in radio-no man's-land. I hope they don't go completely out of business. :mad:

·
Registered
635 Posts
This doesn't say much for XM either. They would have looked at Sirius' books to make sure they were stable enough to by them. With that one of two things must have occured.

Sirius doctored their books hoping to bring in XM and save them, or
XM saw that they were worst off than Sirius and let Sirius pick up all of their debt.

Either way they both have stupid financial departments.

This doesn't say much for the FCC and the SCC for approving it. They would have looked at the books too. But of course we consumers trust that the money we are giving them will be returned in kind with service.

So the real question is; which of the 5 groups listed above is the dumbist? :help:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think what's hurt them the most is that the FCC took about 16 months to approve the merger. This is what the NAB was hoping for.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I just hope the can turn things around and not drop service; I really enjoy channel XM8 and XM25 (oh yeah XM9 too). :thumb:

·
Registered
12 Posts
khansen30 said:
This doesn't say much for XM either. They would have looked at Sirius' books to make sure they were stable enough to by them. With that one of two things must have occured.

XM saw that they were worst off than Sirius and let Sirius pick up all of their debt.

This doesn't say much for the FCC and the SCC for approving it. They would have looked at the books too. But of course we consumers trust that the money we are giving them will be returned in kind with service.

So the real question is; which of the 5 groups listed above is the dumbist? :help:
Let's make it 6 groups and my vote is ..........you.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Please inform us as to what the SCC is? Is that a new secret government agency? Satyric nailed it in two sentances.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
jtsh said:
khansen30 said:

You have no idea what you are talking about. Please inform us as to what the SCC is? Is that a new secret government agency? Satyric nailed it in two sentances.
I think he meant SEC

·
Registered
32 Posts
Group 6 would be all those who bought 'lifetime' memberships for several hundred bucks. I remember bursting out laughing when the women @ Sirius pitched me on the lifetime membership option. Like MY lifetime or Sirius' lifetime??
I love Sirius' content and programming to death and am a huge fan of the concept but like many elements of society, they got carried away in the last few years with the growth model and became dramatically overleveraged.
Agreed, the SEC delay was another nail in the coffin but I don't think it was the mortal wound by itself.

·
Registered
158 Posts
maritimer said:
Like MY lifetime or Sirius' lifetime??
Actually I believe that it was for the "life" of the radio.

·
Registered
635 Posts
jsimms said:
jtsh said:
khansen30 said:

I think he meant SEC
Thank you, don't you just hate when you make a typing mistake and people just go off half cocked on you. If I were to go after typing errors the way this guy did we would have to have a catagory just for that.

These are the people that run people off.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about service going away. They'll just reorganize under Chapter 11 and go on operating. Looks like all you guys with your $77 renewals did them in.

Or maybe it was guys like me who didn't renew at all that did them in....

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
loach said:
I wouldn't worry too much about service going away. They'll just reorganize under Chapter 11 and go on operating. Looks like all you guys with your $77 renewals did them in.

Or maybe it was guys like me who didn't renew at all that did them in....
I thought about the fact that they were offering that special; now I hope they honor it when it's time for me to renew

·
Registered
540 Posts
XM and Sirius seperate were good. Sirius took NASCAR which ticked me off a bid but XM had very good programming. When Sirius signed Howard Stern that put them in the hole. Even though they signed up many people because of him he still has a very big paycheck. Sirius also had the lifetime subscription(life time of radio) which when I heard it didn't make much sense. The merger that was going to make it better killed everything. Customer service very poor. I still say to this day if you have a non-removeable (factory type radio) it should cost less then a portable type since you can't move it around. I have a good choice of radio in my area. I am lucky. I hope they get things going in a positive way fast.

Bobby

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Well if they Chapter 11; maybe they will take into account past dealings and make it better :(

Did I just say that :sosad:; I too love my XM/Sirius radio, but will live without it if I don't get renewed at the lower ZWINBACK price

·
Registered
624 Posts
So if they go out of business....do they owe us "lifetimers" a refund?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
ccaats said:
Good question; it's probably listed somewhere in the boring, legalese they call a contract

·
Registered
158 Posts
ccaats said:
Maybe, but you'll have to get in line.

·
Registered
540 Posts
jsimms said:
ccaats said:
Good question; it's probably listed somewhere in the boring, legalese they call a contract
I remember someone posting they were told no refunds on the "lifetime subscriptions". So I doubt you would get a refund if they go bankrupt.

Bobby

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
satyric said:
ccaats said:
Maybe, but you'll have to get in line.
There appears to be two members that have the lifetime contract; anyone else?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts