GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite a while back I read here that a device to convert XM radio to Sirius would be available for the Acadia in July. I was just wondering if anyone knew if that device were out on the market yet? Thanks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
:ditto:

·
Registered
185 Posts
copy and paste from another forum where someone asked a Sirius rep:
ORIGINAL REQUEST:
Have you or will you devlope a sirius connector that will work with GM LAN Head untit? . 2007 Avalanch with BOSE and Navagation. .

The Reply:
hi That part GMLSC1 is still being tested and does not have a current ETA. It is expected before year end

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi i got my Sirius tuner box last October from TSS-RADIO.com P/N SIRGM2L for $138.00 with shipping. They said that the units were taken out of rental cars. it's a gm plug and play unit and the xm unit is located in the car jack compartment. when i got it there was still a subscription on it and still to this day lucky me. Don't know if they have any left but at leased you have the P/N for it. good luck.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Is Sirius that much different than XM?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
TMMAR said:
Is Sirius that much different than XM?
IMO; I think they are comparable, but I know some members here prefer Sirius over XM; to each his own :thumb:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I just don't get the whole merger thing between Sirius and XM. I thought I read that the programming was supposed to be available to either subscriber base (XM or Sirius). I know that you can get "the best of Sirius" on XM (and I assume the reverse), but I thought the intent was to offer programming for both companies to all subscribers. It seems like they found a way to screw with each others customer base and make more money off subscribers to me. I have XM on the Acadia from the trial period from buying it new (the Acadia). I plan on renewing when it is up. Is the deal that I have read about here for (around $87 I think), just for best of XM? I believe it is. How do I get my NFL games? Do I have to go to the XM everything with best of Sirius package? Do I need the converter mentions to do so? How much is the XM with the best of Sirius going to run? So many questions...thanks to anyone that takes the time to answer any of them. I guess this is why I went with HD Radio in my truck :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Without looking at the XM or Sirius web sites; I think the NFL channels are a part of Sirius (not a big concern since I get baseball games on XM). The ZWINBACK deal applies to XM only without the best of Sirius IIRC. I enjoy XM and have no need for any other Sirius channels. I don't think you need the converter to get the Sirius channels since they are broadcast on the XM network. The converter in mention is for strictly Sirius channels.

BTW; how do you like the HD radio

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
XM has stuff that Sirius doesnt have.. and Sirius has stuff that XM doesnt have...

NFL, basebal , etc.
But what they did do to save money-- was on some stuff--- lets say 80's music-
they consolidated the radio stations. Im sure some people were let go.
While I had my trial period- I could tune into xm 80's, and Sirius 80's (via my portable unit plugged into the Aux port)- and switch between AUX and XM- and they would be playing the same thing- with a slight delay between the 2.

Now I dont care about sports.... so that didnt matter...
What I was very interested in---was keeping Howard Stern..
That keeps me laughing on my drive into work.. makes my bumper to bumper drive so much more bearable-- laugh away the stress...
Thats part of my Sirius sub...
If I wanted to listen to Howard on XM-- Id have to get the best of Sirius package-- which is an extra amount...
Why pay more.
this is how I have my sirius radio set up.
since I have the ebony interior- you cant really see the cables.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
AA/78U-Blue Gold said:
BTW; how do you like the HD radio
I actually love it...there are a few am stations that come in really good (as good as a solid FM station) that make it worth it. Plus the FM stations sound near perfect.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts