GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am set to order an Enclave tomorrow, I think. One thing we forgot to check when test driving an Acadia is the intermittent wipers. Brochures call the front wipers "intermittent". For some manufacturers I think this implies a single slow speed setting. Do the intermittent wipers on the Lamda's have several, variable settings? I think some manufacturers refer to this as "variable intermittent" wipers.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The wipers on the Acadia have several 'intermittant' stops which progressively decrease the delay time between cycles. It is a prettly standard setup.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. That is what I was assuming for a $40K vehicle, but I had been disappointed once before on a Subaru and wanted to make certain before ordering.

Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
do the acadia wipers lift fully up when in the parked position so that we can wipe the windshield at the gas station without ruining the wipers, on my 2003 malibu they don't and that annoys the crap out of me....

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yes they lift away from the windshield quite a ways, you shouldn't have a problem.

·
Registered
230 Posts
yes

·
Registered
200 Posts
do the acadia wipers lift fully up when in the parked position
It seems like it has become a trend around here the past few years to leave your wipers in the fully up position when you park at work for the day when they are predicting a lot of snow. It must work to some extent, because so many of my coworkers do it, but I think it looks kinda silly. The raised wipers are going to be covered with snow and ice by 5pm whether they are up or down, but I guess they aren't frozen to the windshield.

·
Registered
24 Posts
thanks that is a relief!

Yeah i dont like leaving my wipers up when parked....it looks like it is just begging for someone to beat it up....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Did you know that your Enclave is the quietest vehicle on the market today? It beats every other car, truck & SUV made including Mercedes and Lexis.

·
Registered
50 Posts
don willems said:
Did you know that your Enclave is the quietest vehicle on the market today? It beats every other car, truck & SUV made including Mercedes and Lexis.
I belieive this statement as my Acadia is incredibly quiet and I know that the Enclave has a few more standard options that causes it drive even quieter.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Funny about the wipers in the "up" position at work. Before I worked at this office, I had never seen it done. Now I do it based on peer pressure of all the other cars around me. Now, with the Acadia (on the way) I won't need to because I have the heated windshield wash option! :blob:

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I will mention that the back wiper does NOT lift completely away from the window, at least the few times I've tried it didn't seem to. Only lifts about 3-4 inches

1 - 12 of 12 Posts