GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Haven't posted in awhile but I thought I would share my experience I had yesterday when I visited a local GMC dealership. I wanted to see the new 09 color Silver Green Metallic. They had 2 of them in stock so I headed over there to check them out. One word, awesome!. I had been considering getting the silver color, but now I am seriously considering this new color. Would like to hear from others you have seen it and get their opinions.

Also, I test drove the 09. The new engine and transmission make a difference. It goes when you give it gas and noticed no downshift problems. They did remove the name badge on the sides. Wished they had kept that. I also saw the new second row console between the captains chairs. Very versatile with many options for storage. It would get in the way of hauling things and crawling back to the third row. I plan not to get it. Now I just have to decide when to buy it. I noticed that the GMS pricing is not much below the invoice price. The price they quoted was around $280.00 below invoice. That doesn't sound like much of a discount since you can buy one at invoice most of the time if you hold out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got my silver green metallic a week and a half ago. It's beautiful. I had been in the plant to see the color before they came out and decided to order it. Then I wondered if I had done the right thing. I made the right decision.

·
Registered
70 Posts
skyhawk said:
I noticed that the GMS pricing is not much below the invoice price. The price they quoted was around $280.00 below invoice. That doesn't sound like much of a discount since you can buy one at invoice most of the time if you hold out.

I'm not sure sure what price you were looking at? ???

My Acadia came in Tuesday. Stickered at $44,770. GMS Pricing was $2050 BELOW INVOICE. :eek: :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
MKA said:
I got my silver green metallic a week and a half ago. It's beautiful. I had been in the plant to see the color before they came out and decided to order it. Then I wondered if I had done the right thing. I made the right decision.
:eek:fftopic:
But I had to ask, How did you get in the plant to see it? Is that hard to do?

·
Registered
62 Posts
bonk1313 said:
MKA said:
I am a GM retiree in Lansing where the Acadia is made. One of my working friends got me in the plant and also we did a tour. It's very interesting to see how a new plant works compared to the old ones.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
MKA said:
bonk1313 said:
MKA said:
I am a GM retiree in Lansing where the Acadia is made. One of my working friends got me in the plant and also we did a tour. It's very interesting to see how a new plant works compared to the old ones.
Cool, that is something I would love to see sometime.

·
Registered
912 Posts
bonk1313 said:
MKA said:
bonk1313 said:
MKA said:
Cool, that is something I would love to see sometime.
I agree bonk I would love a tour I am trying to get some friends of ours to get me into the Oshawa plant that builds the new Camaro to no avail yet.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
DSNY FN said:
I am trying to get some friends of ours to get me into the Oshawa plant that builds the new Camaro to no avail yet.
OMG, bring me with! I so want one of those new Camaros. But the convertible version, even though my son objects to a convertible. LOL I'd love to tour the plant where they are built.

Back on topic, I have not actually seen the silver green in person yet, but by the pictures of it I've seen posted in this forum, it looks like a really sharp color. :thumb:

·
Registered
912 Posts
Web Raven said:
DSNY FN said:
I am trying to get some friends of ours to get me into the Oshawa plant that builds the new Camaro to no avail yet.
OMG, bring me with! I so want one of those new Camaros. But the convertible version, even though my son objects to a convertible. LOL I'd love to tour the plant where they are built.

Back on topic, I have not actually seen the silver green in person yet, but by the pictures of it I've seen posted in this forum, it looks like a really sharp color. :thumb:
I will keep you posted but so far I think my chances are looking to be slim and none with this being an almost brand new facility in terms of re tooling etc.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
First of all,

:worthless:

Next, when y'all hit the Camaro plant, I have some discrete pen-cams that should get through security. ;D

I'd need to see a pic of the Camaro convertible, but IMO it would have to be an improvement over the coupe.

Hard to beat the original:

OK, back to green Acadias.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
First of all,

:worthless:

Next, when y'all hit the Camaro plant, I have some discrete pen-cams that should get through security. ;D

I'd need to see a pic of the Camaro convertible, but IMO it would have to be an improvement over the coupe.

Hard to beat the original:

OK, back to green Acadias.
When I get to my mid life crisis I want to find and restore a 69 RS/SS.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I almost don't want to see a picture cause I know I'll be pissed!! I wanted one before I bought mine and if I like that color better than mine :angryfire:

·
Registered
284 Posts
pgh_acadia said:
skyhawk said:
I noticed that the GMS pricing is not much below the invoice price. The price they quoted was around $280.00 below invoice. That doesn't sound like much of a discount since you can buy one at invoice most of the time if you hold out.

I'm not sure sure what price you were looking at? ???

My Acadia came in Tuesday. Stickered at $44,770. GMS Pricing was $2050 BELOW INVOICE. :eek: :eek:
Correct...GMS is a thousand+ below invoice, not a couple hundred.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I haven't seen that new SGM color 'in person' yet, but must admit that I'm still stoked by my 2008 Blue/Gold Mist paint job... I never know what color it will be before I walk out the door because depending upon the sun angle and sky overcast, it changes remarkably between warm gray, silver gray, yellow green, gold gray, and electric sky blue. (OOPS! Could this be early warning of a multiple-personalities disorder?!? :eek:)
And even better, my color is now discontinued!

But I think the SGM would have been my next choice had it been on the lot 2 months ago. Can't wait to actually see one. Enjoy!

·
Registered
195 Posts
My SGM is still turning heads. 8)

Unlike the '08 B/G color, it doesn't change colors, which we like. Probably the best green color that I have seen on the road in a long time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts