GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No one has started Silver Green Acadia Club yet. So I figured I might as well get it going. Our numbers are low since the color only came out in 2009.

Member #1 Silver Green Acadia club :blob:

Bobby
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,870 Posts
Every time I drive by the dealer I see a Silver Green; it's their only 09 SLT-2 AWD; it's a nice color
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
My order is in for a Silver Green SLT-2 AWD to be built the week of April 6th. I'll take #2 if that qualifies!

Del
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
I"ll be number three.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
delp5117 said:
My order is in for a Silver Green SLT-2 AWD to be built the week of April 6th. I'll take #2 if that qualifies!

Del
Hi Del,
That qualifies in my book. Thats make a total of three. The Silver Green is a low number color. Dealers won't take a chance to keep one on the lot. Even my dealer was impressed on how it looked but hasn't ordered any more.

Bobby
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,870 Posts
jsimms said:
Every time I drive by the dealer I see a Silver Green; it's their only 09 SLT-2 AWD; it's a nice color
This Silver/Green has been on the lot since Dec 08 :-X
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
I'm practical, so I like a combination of a nice color with some built in weather resistance - such as lower heat retention and showing a little less dirt! We get very hot in the summer and lots of road muck in the winter here in Idaho! I think the Silver Green will fit the bill quite well...

Del
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jsimms said:
jsimms said:
Every time I drive by the dealer I see a Silver Green; it's their only 09 SLT-2 AWD; it's a nice color
This Silver/Green has been on the lot since Dec 08 :-X
I also found a few Silver Greens on the lots. Thats how I first looked at the color. They didn't have the options I wanted . Plus the one dealer I asked what would you take for it replied "what it says on the sticker" list price. I said bye. He followed me right to my car and continue to talk as I drove away. I wonder what options the one you had seen on the lot has?

Bobby
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
delp5117 said:
I'm practical, so I like a combination of a nice color with some built in weather resistance - such as lower heat retention and showing a little less dirt! We get very hot in the summer and lots of road muck in the winter here in Idaho! I think the Silver Green will fit the bill quite well...

Del
I looked at keeping it clean. My wife like the dark blue which is hard to keep looking nice as are any dark color. The Red Jewel Tint coat is nice also. My last two trucks were red. When I looked at the Red and Green side by side I made my choice of green. The Red Jewel really says "look over here Officer ;)" and I was trying to avoid that. I think you will be very happy with the color. You ordered a nice package. I wish I would have ordered the Tech package with the HUD but I didn't feel comfortable with it on a road test but probably would have become accustom to it.

Bobby
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,870 Posts
DeForger said:
jsimms said:
jsimms said:
Every time I drive by the dealer I see a Silver Green; it's their only 09 SLT-2 AWD; it's a nice color
This Silver/Green has been on the lot since Dec 08 :-X
I also found a few Silver Greens on the lots. Thats how I first looked at the color. They didn't have the options I wanted . Plus the one dealer I asked what would you take for it replied "what it says on the sticker" list price. I said bye. He followed me right to my car and continue to talk as I drove away. I wonder what options the one you had seen on the lot has?

Bobby
The one on the lot here is optioned out; I think it has everything you could possibly order; next time I'm over at the dealer I will check it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
Anyone have pictures they could post of this color? I've never seen it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,212 Posts
I saw a Silver Moss Outlook yesterday (Silver Green in Acadia-speak). It looked real sharp. :thumb: Kinda wish this had been available on the 08s now. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
I'm not at my dealer much, but when I am there I make sure to walk around and "find" one these "mossers." It's a color I didn't think I would like....and every time I see it I like it more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
Honestly, pictures do not do this color justice. Thought it looked teal in the pics. Saw one being unloaded at the dealership on my way home yesterday. Nice color. Not one I would pick, but it is so different from anything out there that it's sure to turn heads. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
I know I can't join this club officially since I own an Enclave, ;D but I have silver green as my color, so here's some photos to show that off. (you can see what it's like in different lighting) But, like Irish pointed out, pictures don't do it justice :cheers:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
It may be the hardest color to depict in photos. Only one close would be blue-gold. Unless I'm missing another color......

You definitely must see it in person if you have any interest in purchasing it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
I believe that I was the first forum member to take delivery of the 2009 Silver Green color and to this day I still do a double take when walking away from my baby in a parking lot. Love it, love it, love it!!!!

Here is a link to my original post with pictures. Folks are right to say that it looks a lot better in person and to me it is in a class above the blue/gold. SG has a great metallic finish and looks supurb with the 19's and the black/grey panels that run along the bottom of the Acadia. Nice combo.

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4116.40
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,870 Posts
Silver/Green metallic is a copy cat of the Blue/Gold; BG was one of the originals in metallic
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
jsimms said:
Silver/Green metallic is a copy cat of the Blue/Gold; BG was one of the originals in metallic
I take this to mean that they finally got the color right ;D
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top