GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was snooping around the back of the car and where the jack/tools are located, there is this silver box with all sorts of electrical wiring harnesses plugged into it. Just wondering if anyone knows what each of the harnesses are for? I only have 2 out of 4 used right now. I'm thinking airbags and/or speakers?

I don't have the upgraded stereo system, so there are no 3rd row speakers. Curious now if they are simply plug and play into this box and that is why I have 2 still open? Anybody know the part number on the 3rd row speakers? Maybe I can pick up a set from GM and install them myself...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Figured I would nip this one in the bud before someone added that **** "this thread is worthless without pics" icon.

Here is a picture of the box he is talking about.

Here is a picture of something else I found when I was back there behind that little door in the back, it appears to be the power lift gate module and gears.

·
Registered
405 Posts
:worthless:

even though you posted it would still be worthless with out pictures.

SORRY YOU ASKED FOR IT!!!!! ;D

·
Registered
151 Posts
rollin thunder said:
:worthless:

even though you posted it would still be worthless with out pictures.

SORRY YOU ASKED FOR IT!!!!! ;D
man I really hate that!!!!! Oh well, I tried.

·
Registered
218 Posts
That is indeed the OnStar module.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Learning a lot Here, Thanks folks.
Glad I saw the lift gate gears! I'll remember NO FREAKING BALLONS IN THE ACADIA! Had a ballon string get hung up in our van rear heater fan.....
Lee

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rme8494: Thanks for the pics and clarifying it.

Now your area seems to have a whole lot more in it than mine. I do have an SLE with virtually no options besides conv pkg (ultra rear park assist and remote start), and power seats. But now what is that silver cylinder to the left of the circle and the other harnesses off to the upper right?

I guess the root of my curiosity is that if I were to add third row speakers, is there an easy way to plug and play with OEM parts?

·
Registered
151 Posts
imgntht said:
rme8494: Thanks for the pics and clarifying it.

Now your area seems to have a whole lot more in it than mine. I do have an SLE with virtually no options besides conv pkg (ultra rear park assist and remote start), and power seats. But now what is that silver cylinder to the left of the circle and the other harnesses off to the upper right?

I guess the root of my curiosity is that if I were to add third row speakers, is there an easy way to plug and play with OEM parts?
Not sure about the the speakers, but that cylinder is for the auto lift gate. Glad you like the pics, this board and the Acadias are addicting.

Ryan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts