GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Acadia Denali AWD 3.6L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello,

Has anyone installed the GM side assist steps for their 2017 and up Acadia? Part Number: 84184302

If so, how do they look, were they easy to install?

It looks like you cannot have the OEM mudflaps installed behind the front wheels.
84184302.png

·
Registered
9 Posts
We installed them on our 2020. You have to be careful with removing the rocker panel so you don't break any of the plastic clips. That was the most difficult part. These dont stick out as much as some aftermarkets... actually prefer a pair of Westins that I had on a previous vehicle. Since these are narrow, they help more with getting in the vehicle, but you have to awkwardly turn your foot to use them to exit. They look nice, but not the most functional.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. How long did it take to install?

I mostly want them for protecting the paint on the bottom of the door and to give my preschooler something to step on when he gets in and out of the car. There is an obvious place for him to step but it says NO STEP on the plastic at the bottom of the door openings for the rear doors.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I find that the so called "assist" steps are more hindrance then help in getting into a vehicle. They make you stand farther away from the seat, which is where you are trying to go.

My son is in a wheelchair and even the little "bump out" on a BMW SUV is enough that he can not get into the vehicle.

George

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hmm, interesting perspective. We also have a BMW and its running boards stick out, making it perfect for his little feet to climb up on. That is what got me looking into them for the Acadia.
1603396918789.png

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for your reply. How long did it take to install?

I mostly want them for protecting the paint on the bottom of the door and to give my preschooler something to step on when he gets in and out of the car. There is an obvious place for him to step but it says NO STEP on the plastic at the bottom of the door openings for the rear doors.
2-3 hrs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts