GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was dropping my daughter off at school today and stopped at a stoplight. The car stopped with no problems, but after a minute or so, the car started shuttering. It was like it was out of gas, chugging and shaking. The gas tank was on 3/4s full. It has kinda done this twice before when I slowed down on the freeway, but it shook and I didn't feel like it was going to die. This morning, my daughter said she was scared because it was acting so "crazy".

My husband says not to take it in yet. First of all they will say they can't replicate and second he thinks it was because the car was cold. Outside temp was 66 and I had been driving for about 5 min. Any ideas or is he right?

·
Registered
681 Posts
66 is not cold, it was 32 here this morning and I had no shuttering after stopping only 2 minutes from my house bringing my son to school. It does sound like it was struggling to get fuel to the engine, were you on an incline/decline? or maybe your fuel filter might be getting a little clogged. Have you used any new source for gasoline lately? Is you gas cap on tightly? I would not worry to much if it is not an ongoing event, if it happened all the time then I would bring to dealer to get checked out.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Definitely not normal. Take it in and have it checked. If they cannot duplicate it, tell them you want them to give you a rental and drive in in the AM when cold so that they can duplicate it. It may be something as simple as a sensor or possibly a module that needs reprogrammed.

Good luck and let us know what they find out.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There wasn't an incline, major 30,000 mile check up done last month, out of habit with Volvo- gas cap tight and I haven't changed gas stations.

Thanks guys for replying. I think I'll take it in and at least have them add it to the other "nonreplicated" problems that I'm sure they will find in 5,000 miles, after the warranty is over!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I had this weird thing happen a little over a week ago where I was stopped outside a store with my foot on the brake waiting for someone and experienced what might be considered a "shutter" but at the same time, it was like the vehicle wanted to move forward. It did this like three times very quickly before returning to normal. Engine was definitely not cold and it was beautiful outside. It hasn't done it since, so I haven't bothered bringing it in because of the "cannot duplicate" reason that I'm tired of getting. LOL Good luck with yours. I hope they figure it out for you. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts