GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometime between now and the end of the year I plan on buying an Acadia. I can't decide between Ebony and Brick leather. The wife doesn't like the Brick but it is ultimately my decision. We are going to look at a Silver Acadia with Brick this weekend (45 miles away). This is the closest Brick to us. I am just wondering what everyone thinks about a White Diamond & Brick combo?

Here is the plan:

White Diamond AWD SLT2 with the following options:

DVD/Navigation
Sunroof
Rear DVD
HID
Technology Package
Cooled Seats
2-way Remote
White Diamond Paint
Trailering Package
19 or 20 inch Wheels
Hit the Road Package
Extended Warranty

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
When the Corvette was introduced, the only color scheme you could get as white exterior & red interior.

I don't care for red/burgundy interiors, but it is a subjective matter, to each their own. I have passed on buying several 80s-90s model cars recently due to the burgundy interior. I found one with gray and bought it.

The brick has been likened here to a basketball color. I have seen one at a dealer and have to agree. While the black is going to be hotter in warm climates, we chose that over the titanium (too light) and the aforementioned brick.

IMO, you will limit the resale value/appeal of the vehicle by having a brick interior. A reference point for this would be to find out how many are made with this scheme (I don't know where to find this short of emailing/calling GM). I know most I have looked at have been titanium, followed by ebony. I have not seen many in brick in dealer inventory.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is all a really personal decision, but I agree that Brick may not be the best choice. My wife hated the Brick interior, and we decided against Ebony as well. We also chose White Diamond Tricoat for our 2009 Acadia and went with the Light Titanium leather interior. As Blue has said, if you look at what you typically see in dealer inventories, you will see mostly Ebony and some Titanium but very few Brick interiors. But in the end, you need to go with what makes you the happiest, and if you intend to hold your car for a long time resale value will probably not be a significant issue.

·
Registered
428 Posts
You should get whichever one you want. I personally like the brick interior because its different. I like things that not everyone has. I bought the Dark Crimson Metallic color which means I dont see very many other ones on the road that look like mine. In the end get what makes you happy and what you like. Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ebony :thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
dfrank78 said:
You should get whichever one you want. I personally like the brick interior because its different. I like things that not everyone has.
:ditto:

When my wife and I first saw the brick interior in person our first thought was, "Wow, that sure is.................different". But when we were deciding what color combo we wanted we kept coming back to a dealer that had all three interiors to look at and the brick just really kept growing on us. It looks "sportier" to us and we really aren't concerned with resale value as we're gonna have this thing for awhile. The titianium was just too light for us (we had it in our Odyssey and it pretty much got trashed and was a pain to keep looking good) and I've had a bunch of vehicles with black interiors so we wanted something different. We have no regrets about getting it either, we still love it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Geohawk:

What color exterior did you choose?

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
JBRedZ28 said:
Geohawk:

What color exterior did you choose?
We went with Liquid Silver. We had silver on our Odyssey and it still looked great after 80K+ miles of driving, mostly on 2-lane highways where you can get a lot of rock chips on the front end from passing semi's. From 5 feet away you really couldn't see the little chips on the front bumper so we went the same route with the Acadia. The Acadia's paint has held up extremely well, even over last winter when the DOT uses a lot of sand and rock chips to treat the highways.

We did have a black '97 Maxima that we loved and it looked great when all waxed up, but it's the last black car we will ever have as every little scratch and rock chip stood out like a sore thumb.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am still deciding between White Diamond and Silver. We have a Black 2004 Acura TL and it is a pain to keep it looking clean. That is the last black car I buy as well.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Dark colors like black are a pain to keep clean, but nothing looks as good when they are clean and waxed. I had my last black car when I was in high school and decided then no more black.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i originally wanted the Carbon blk with Brick interior. i never really got to see it in person since the closest one avail was 400 miles away. so it looks like imma end up with Carbon on Ebony.
I met the owner of one of the GMC dealers out here in So Cal and told him i really wanted the brick. his feedback was it's not a very popular color. it appears different in person than it shows on pictures. they had 1 Acadia with this int color and it took them 4 mo to sell. needless to say he didn't order anymore with this int color from GM. ive also been told on this forum that it looks like the color of a basketball.

good luck

·
Registered
60 Posts
In Porshe and BMW the Brick looks incredible, but I have to agree in the Acadia it is a toss up. Go with the majority on this one.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I think the brick is a great match with the white. As well as being easier to live with through the hot season it also makes for a more open and airy feel than black does in a vehicle of this size. There is more contrast in the detail, because there still is quite a bit of black trim and carpet which IMO just makes for a more interesting overall feel.

·
Registered
156 Posts
GerryL said:
I think the brick is a great match with the white. As well as being easier to live with through the hot season it also makes for a more open and airy feel than black does in a vehicle of this size. There is more contrast in the detail, because there still is quite a bit of black trim and carpet which IMO just makes for a more interesting overall feel.
I agree!!! Don't follow the masses, follow your heart. Don't "settle" then live with regret. As for me, I am ordering White diamond with Brick interior. Sweeeeeeeeet!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
With light exterior, ours on the lot came with black and if had ordered, would have chose Brick

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ended up getting a carbon black with ebony interior...
I looked at the brink interior, but the more I looked at it...I just felt that I would get tired of it quickly.
I ended up with the ebony, which I think looks great...but is more of an effort to keep clean.
So far...I like it. But I agree with everyone that it's just a personal choice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts