GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time post...I have an opportunity to buy an 08 model fully loaded with only 55,000 miles on it. Literally must have been grandmas car for church! It is in mint showroom like condition! The asking price is 10k my only concern is the problems I read about with the timing chains and transmissions is it worth the risk? Or should I look for 2012 and up for same price but will have a lot more miles?

·
Super Moderator
20,100 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
It's a 12 year old car so you need to expect some of the problems that come with an older vehicle.

Need to see what service records are available. GM offered special coverage's on the '08 for things like the transmission wave plates. You need to understand that on an '08 those coverage's expired after 10 years so any repairs for those issues would be on your dime. Not an inexpensive repair.

Looking at KBB, 10k asking price is too high.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Though a vehicle may not have a lot of miles that doesn't mean it's a good buy, consider rust and availability of parts. I have looked at new vehicles and used. warranties and lack thereof. I prefer to purchase new so I know the way it's maintained, and been driven. Additionally at 10 years old or 100,000 miles the items that need repair typically are expensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts