GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everyone, I was wondering what're y'all's experiences with a 2011 GMC Acadia SLT and a 2013 GMC Acadia Denali. Both are around the same mileage mark and price where I am. (2011-99,000 miles/2013-110,000 miles) I understand that the 2011 is a pretty solid vehicle and has worked out most of the issues with the earlier MYs. However, I haven't been able to find too much on the 2013 Acadia. I need a good SUV that'll be dependable so I'm leaning towards the 2011 based upon my research, but the Denali has a much better styling and features I know I would enjoy more. Therefore, I would like to hear y'all's experiences/knowledge on the two in terms of reliability.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I have a 2013 Denali. It is an excellent vehicle. I have had zero problems with it. Wait, I did have a problem with the rubber pad on the parking brake falling off. I would pick it over an older SLT.

That said, I would never purchase any vehicle with that many miles. If you just have to, get the newer one.

George

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I would not buy either. Too old with too many miles. If you must, make sure you see a vehicle history first. Many of these suffer from electrical issues caused by water intrusion.

I had an '11. Multiple font suspension components needed replacing inside the initial warranty period.

If oil changes were neglected the life of the timing chains is greatly shortened.

It would definitely be a roll of the dice.

I personally would opt for an older Tahoe.

·
Super Moderator
20,315 Posts
The 1st Gen Acadia refresh in 2013 brought little change to the overall vehicle. A few options were added; some were deleted; some incorporated more convenience features. A major change was to the transmission. GM redesigned the TEHCM in 2013 to eliminate problems caused by failure of laminate disk pressure switches in the earlier version. Otherwise, change was focused a great deal to vehicle aesthetics.

·
Registered
330 Posts
If the price is right and you factor in having to do some repairs with the miles, get the 2013.
I have a 2007 that I purchased in 2010 with 27k miles and has had a few issues over the years, but has been very good as of lately with ~125k miles now.
The big problems were the transmission and the water pump.
Everything else was maintenance items like brakes, frozen caliper, struts, shocks, tires, muffler and driver's door hinge. But you have that with any vehicle.

Reactions: JayTee2019
1 - 5 of 5 Posts